Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fletcher Jones Motorcars in Newport Beach, CA told me yesterday that the new c-class has an electronic glitch. The problem is the transmitter key sometimes works and sometimes does not. My brand new c240 just began doing it yesterday and my garage door opener in the rear view mirror doesn't work at night. The dealer says that they will get new keys in about a month. I am pissed off, and will knock the car once I get the J.D. Power survey. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the recall.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
: Fletcher Jones Motorcars in Newport Beach, CA told me yesterday that the new c-class has an electronic glitch. The problem is the transmitter key sometimes works and sometimes does not. My brand new c240 just began doing it yesterday and my garage door opener in the rear view mirror doesn't work at night. The dealer says that they will get new keys in about a month. I am pissed off, and will knock the car once I get the J.D. Power survey. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the recall.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally, they admit it.

I had posted a month ago that I had problems with the keyless entry. I took my car to two dealers in Southern California (Keyes European and Auto Stiegler) and they both told me that having a 2-3 foot range for your keyless entry to work is normal. I then wrote a letter to MB direct to have this matter escalated. After a week or two, I was finally contacted that they were not aware of this situation and that they would look into it. As of last week, I was contacted by one of the head technical guys at MB and they told me to take my car to Keyes Euro where they would have a loaner car waiting for me and would have the problem resolved. Later that day, they told me my transmitters are bad and would have them replaced in 3-4 business days. I'm glad they finally took responsibility for this problem. However, I kind of expected that my car would have minor problems since this is a totally revamped model and whenever they do that, the cars have a tendency to have lots of little glitches.<p>: Fletcher Jones Motorcars in Newport Beach, CA told me yesterday that the new c-class has an electronic glitch. The problem is the transmitter key sometimes works and sometimes does not. My brand new c240 just began doing it yesterday and my garage door opener in the rear view mirror doesn't work at night. The dealer says that they will get new keys in about a month. I am pissed off, and will knock the car once I get the J.D. Power survey. Just wanted to give you all a heads up on the recall.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Byran, did they finally give you new keys and fix it, because Fletcher Jones told me to call back in a month for new keys. If they fixed yours, maybe I should go there too.<p>Thanks,<p>Al

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, they have not given me new keys yet. I picked up my car today and should have my new keys on either Wednesday or Thursday. <p>: Byran, did they finally give you new keys and fix it, because Fletcher Jones told me to call back in a month for new keys. If they fixed yours, maybe I should go there too.<p>Thanks,<p>Al<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Finally, they admit it.

I get a much shorter range when opening the windows and sunroof, as opposed to very good range on just unlocking the doors. Actually, it has to be "line of sight" to the sensor on the door, and about 12 feet is the farthest away I can be. The rest works fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts