Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY FRONT PARKING SENSORS IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DASH BOARD IS EMITTING A SOUND BUT THE LIGHT SEAMS TO HAVE BLOW ANY IDEA HOW TO FIX IT? ALSO THE FRONTS HEATED SEATS ARE NOW NOT WORKING ALL THIS HAPPENED IN THE LAST FEW DAYS. I'VE CHECKEF THE FUSES THERE NOT BLOW ANY HELP WELCOME.:mad:

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would suggest starting with the possibility of a relay malfunction. The seats and parking sensors are not related as to control. Take a look under the hood...drivers side and the relay compartment is available... .. try removal of the relay and view the sensors for a status change, etc. If so.... check for a duplicate relay for another non critical relay for troubleshooting...but ensure the relay matches, etc

As to seat heater malfunction....check below the seat for possible wiring connector unplugged due to cargo shuffle, etc. Also check for a relay malfunction as well, is the malfunction include both low and high heat? Double check the fuse area of opportunity and find the relay and due to higher amperage of seat heater...I would avoid using a duplicate relay for troubleshooting. If your skills include use of a multimeter.... would suggest locating the seat connector below seat and follow up with voltage verification and heaer resistance verification as well. I still believe a relay malfuction or connector is most likely to be the issue.

Good luck, and due to my delay in response..we hope the areas of opportunity have been corrected before reading this!

A membership in alldatadiy.com would assist with your diagnostic endeavour.. Further data regarding relay locations, voltage and box diagnostics are available. If you require, get us further info on your vehicle and either we or others in this site will endeavour to assist you correct the issues at hand!

Robert

Dietrich and Robert.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts