Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi was wondering if anybody could help me out with this. Just behind where the battery sits there are 9 wires that come into the engine bay. Two of them are corroded and disconnected at the interface (one is white and one gold) the wires lead to some box below the hose where air exits from the air filter. Does anybody know what the wires are for and the box? Any advice would help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Those are vacuum lines-Mine are corroded and disconnecter too. I think its due to years of installing and removing the battery. They have no effect on engine performance, they just aid in shifting the transmission smoothly through its gears and operate door locks, fuel door release, climate control etc.
Tell me- can you manually lock your doors from the inside or with the key? I cant!
I have exactly the same model and year of your car too!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can lock/unlock just fine with or without the key but I have to turn the car off manually at the engine, won't work by turning the key. Do you think this is related to the corroded wires? Also, my SLS doesn't work. Anybody know if fixing the wires is labor intensive or expensive?

·
Registered
66 Posts
You mean when you unlock the drivers door with the key all the doors are unlocked? Hows your climate contol?
Theres a really good DIY tutorial for your SLS at dieselgiant.com
Mine doesnt work either, I suspect it has something to do with the corroded wires!
Whats your mileage? Im at 303k with lots of blowby!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I can only lock/unlock individually, are they supposed to lock all at once? Also, defrost works but no hi/lo. The car has 132xxx on it so I am trying to get everything functional in hopes that I will have it for a while. I just noticed there are two other smaller wires (red & black) that don't appear to be related to the vacuum lines but are close in proximity to them that are cut through near what looks like some sort of relay before they drop down out of the engine bay towards the wheel well. Any ideas, i will try to think of a better way to explain it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts