Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Recently, my ASR light went off again, so of course i took it to the stealership again. They had to replace the brake sensor (apparently thats what was the problem) and also replaced all the spark plugs as it was due for repairs.

So everything went fine for about 3 days. And now, once in a while, while driving, ALL the lights in the instrument cluster would flicker on and off, as if you were to turn on the car for the first time (you know how when you turn the key, before the ignition, all the lights would turn on?) yeah, it flickers like that once in a while, but i'm MOVING. But then, i can keep driving and nothing goes wrong. Just that once in a while, the lights would flicker on and off and the seat belt light usually stays on a little longer than all the other ones.

Any ideas why that would happen? Maybe a electrical wiring problem, or is it something more serious?

Please advise. Thanks

·
Registered
1997 w140 s500, 1990 renault 5 gt turbo
8 Posts
sounds like a gremlin to me!!

is your alternator charging OK ?
was it doing that (all check control lights, lighting up)before u took it back to the dealership??
maybe they have messed around with somthing?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hi guys,

thanks for the quick suggestions. I will definitely check it out. But in the meantime, is the car a hazard if these lights are going off and i'm driving on the car? I dont want to be a danger to myself and others if it is, but if it is a glitch then atleast i can still drive it around for the time being before i check it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts