Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Electrical Issues After Car Wash 2007 E350

302 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  AMGeezus
So about 2 months ago i took the car to Mister Car Wash and got the premium car wash that includes the under body wash. And a few days later my car went crazy. This are all the issues:

When set to auto or off my right headlight flashes on and off but it works fine when i switch them to on, so i have to ride around with my headlights on during the day.

A/C and radio works but cuts off and on.

The interior lights cut off and on

Yellow triangle exclamation light is on and multiple messages on the cluster: PRE-SAFE inoperative, Red battery image, and a ESP message

The trunk randomly opens on its own while the car is running or even when its parked. I had to remove the lights inside the trunk to prevent the battery from draining.

The PRE-SAFE system randomly resets the front power seats while driving, very annoying

The windows and the powers seats work but i have to spam the buttons just to get them adjusted right

Yeah so basically everything electronically is messed up with the car. The car starts and runs fine, Ive been driving it like this for about 2 months because i have to get to work. I put a brand new battery in it when all these problems started. I took it to to different shops and both said they couldnt fix it. Ive did some research and i think it could be a sam issue but im not sure. Can somebody please help me
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2005 E320 wagon
2,990 Posts
Is there indication of water in the left side of the trunk near the rear SAM? Water in the front footwells near the firewall?

Finding the source of water intrusion is one thing. Statistically, you’ll end up living with some anomalies or giving up the car :/

Sixto
05 E320 wagon 194K miles

· Registered
Dallas, Texas
13,023 Posts
Yeah so basically everything electronically is messed up with the car. The car starts and runs fine, Ive been driving it like this for about 2 months because i have to get to work. I put a brand new battery in it when all these problems started. I took it to to different shops and both said they couldnt fix it. Ive did some research and i think it could be a sam issue but im not sure. Can somebody please help me
You have major disruption in CAN (Controller Are Network).
When things get wet and you leave them powered up they start to sizzle. Shops don't want to deal with it because it is time consuming and plugs up the bay.

· Registered
2006 E350, 2009 CL63 AMG
8 Posts
My bet’s rear SAM. Check your weatherstripping around the car, I’ve noticed these tend to go bad and crack/crumble or just disintegrate entirely. Caused some issues in my ‘06 211 and I had to re do most of my stripping. I’m talking windows doors trunk and hood all cracking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts