Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes c230 sedan 2003
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a c230 2003 and the windshield wiper handle and turn signals and steering wheel controls such as the volume control etc are not working. Ive taken it to a shop they said its not the fuses that it may be the wiring in the steering wheel and that they didnt have the schematics to take my steering wheel off and do the job. Does this sound about right and what do you think something like this will cost me?

·
Registered
'01-E320 & 02-ST2
31,631 Posts
Are the stalks solid or are they flopping around? The switch can come loose and you need to tighten it up.

The switches do fail, however, and changing it is not the most complicated thing in the world. I would say you have learned something valuable about the lack of competence and honesty from this shop, it's a place to avoid in the future.

There are some DIYs on swapping the combo switch on the forum, it would be nearly identical for the S, E, C or CLK for the years around your car. If you disconnect the battery and work carefully, it's not all that tough.

Good luck.

·
Registered
Mercedes c230 sedan 2003
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The stalks are fine not loose or anything. Im thinking its the wiring in the steering wheel that needs to be replaced or checked as it the controls on the steering wheel as well. Do you know if this is something you could do yourself or could point me in the right direction for answers?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts