Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is the story. I had a bad rheostat so I replaced it with a good unit and my cluster and heater control lights came on. That got me happy so I decided to update the cluster lights abd the climate control light bulbs with the stock bulbs and everything was great. Then one day I'm driving along and lost cluster lights and heater control lights, then I realized that my right tail light is also not working. I realized that the heater lights and instrument lights as well as the right tail light are tied to one fuse. I checked the bulb and it was fine, then I replaced the fuse. (#1) now when I turn in the lights the fuse blows, I tried several times and fuse blows every time I turn the lights on. All the other electrics work, headlights, fogs, brake lights signals everything else. Any help appreciate it

Car is a 1980 240d all manual no a/c car.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well, I've solved the problem. In my attempt to seal the light spread in the cluster light tunnels, I used reflective metallic tape but a small section of it managed to come in contact with the printed board by one of the bulb sockets. I removed the tape popped in a new fuse number 1 and all is working again.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts