Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2000 C230 Kompressor which choses for me when and where the electronic seats work and when they don't work. Seems that after 10 minutes of clicking the controls THEN the seats finally work. I appreciate any input you guys!

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
electric seats

when you say plugs, meaning underneath the seat the wire harness and eletrical connections? or do you think it's a fuse problem?

·
Registered
'99 2.3L Kompressor
1,944 Posts
I would do some searches on seats and relays. There have been some good discussions. A fuse check is also a good place to start.

·
Registered
2000 c230k sport
83 Posts
ya joemik i had the same problem and i replaced the relay and it was still doing that. and then i just checked to see how secure the electric plugs were in and they were pretty loose. i just tightened them and then it worked good. so dont think you know everything. checking the fuse and relay is a good idea too, but just trying to help out with the simplest things which was my problem.

·
Registered
2001 CLK55 AMG, 2002 C32 AMG
1,637 Posts
ya joemik i had the same problem and i replaced the relay and it was still doing that. and then i just checked to see how secure the electric plugs were in and they were pretty loose. i just tightened them and then it worked good. so dont think you know everything. checking the fuse and relay is a good idea too, but just trying to help out with the simplest things which was my problem.
i agree

even if the problem is the relay... why not check the free things first like mentioned above. if that causes the problem, then there is no money wasted. if it doesnt, then buy the relay and you know that the other options are ruled out before spending your hard earned money.

·
Registered
2000 C230 Kompressor
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Checked all connections, all was snug, seats still don't work for about 10-15 minutes after car is started. How would i go about swapping out the relay?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had an 87 190E which the seat control would function erratically. I don't know if the seat adjustment control (this is the part the control knobs fit onto, it's located behind the door panel) is similar or not, but it's a serviceable part on the 87 190E. It contains brass contacts that wear & loosen with time but can be adjusted. I cleaned & adjusted mine & it functioned very well. It's tedious as it contains ball bearings & everything has to fit back together. If you attempt this project, place the part on a sheet on a solid work surface & pull apart very gently so you can see how everything fits. It wasn't all that difficult, just tedious, but free.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts