Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took off my driver's side rear panel in my sec to figure out why my rear window wasn't rolling down. Turns out, all it needed was a good smack, and it works. But it also goes back to where it wont work again without another smack. What would cause this? Loose wiring maybe?

And the other question I have is....I also found another motor, and what looks very ,much like a housing for a rail that adjusts(kinda like seat sliders.). Its up near the top, near the window. Mine has nothing inside it, and I don't have a mysterious switches in the car. Is it possible that the car had electric rear seats at one time?

Pics of the mystery motor/rail(excuse the blurry pics, I all I had was my phone at the time):

·
Premium Member
4,067 Posts
Pictures are kind of unclear, but does your seat belt presenter work?

You know, the arm that extends when you close the door to bring the seat belt in front of your shoulder? :)

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pictures are kind of unclear, but does your seat belt presenter work?

You know, the arm that extends when you close the door to bring the seat belt in front of your shoulder? :)
Hahaha....definitely not. So now I know what they're for, now I need to fix em

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
Dude, percussive maintenance rocks!

I managed to score a rebuilt Bosch alternator off a 420 which had 156K miles on it, among other things, at the salvage yard, today. Gotta love getting a pair of Infinity 6.5" speakers which match the ones you've had, unused for five years, for $10.

So overall, I'm pretty happy, and seeing others subscribe to similar testing techniques I do makes me even more content.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts