Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was in the process of replacing the trunk latch for soft close mechanism, and the electric pin connector is broken as it was stuck in the defective trunk lock actuator part.

It is t-shape pin female receptacle (car wire plug) that plugs in the male connector of the soft close shown in the attached picture, is there a part number or where could I find it.

I appreciate the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
May be I need to purchase wiring harness that connects to the trunk lock actuator, I will need part number if anyone can help.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
8,821 Posts
I was in the process of replacing the trunk latch for soft close mechanism, and the electric pin connector is broken as it was stuck in the defective trunk lock actuator part.

It is t-shape pin female receptacle (car wire plug) that plugs in the male connector of the soft close shown in the attached picture, is there a part number or where could I find it.

I appreciate the help.
Get magnifying glass. Part number should be on plug housing.

Attachments

Reactions: BeMyWn

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Many thanks Witek, the plug housing is part of the lock actuator unit and has no part number, I ordered the part based on the numbers in the diagram you provided, hopefully it is the one.
I really appreciate your help.

·
Registered
Dallas, Texas
8,821 Posts
Many thanks Witek, the plug housing is part of the lock actuator unit and has no part number, I ordered the part based on the numbers in the diagram you provided, hopefully it is the one.
I really appreciate your help.
This is what I call plug housing. Here is 3 pin version with part number.

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What is the function of the Trunk Lid contact switch, see attached circuit diagram.
What happens if this connection is not active, I hope it is not related to the latch for locking the trunk.

this is related to the connector that I have purchased and it will take 9 days before I receive it, I don't want the trunk to be open all that time as I am afraid it it is related to the locking mechanism which once locked there will be no way to open it (open circuit).
Trunk Release Circuit1.JPG

·
Registered
2009 SL 500
58 Posts
BeMyWN

The diagram you have is completely wrong for your r230 SL. (as are all the diagrams of this type)
The correct diagrams are on Mercedes' WIS , as shown below.

If you need the schematic for the trunk latch mechanism (which is wired to the rear SAM) just ask.

·
Registered
2009 SL550
186 Posts
This is what I call plug housing. Here is 3 pin version with part number.
yes...this looks like the connectors they sent me with the smartop, so they are out there...somewhere.
Important to recognize, the pins don't push out with a pintool like most connectors; there is a tab you pull up and the pins can be removed or replaced. I almost broke the first one i worked on until I figured that out.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks, for the correction
BeMyWN

The diagram you have is completely wrong for your r230 SL. (as are all the diagrams of this type)
The correct diagrams are on Mercedes' WIS , as shown below.

View attachment 2677783
If you need the schematic for the trunk latch mechanism (which is wired to the rear SAM) just ask.
Hey, thanks got it.

·
Registered
2007 Mercedes Benz SL600
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Get magnifying glass. Part number should be on plug housing.
Witek, could you please post part no. 915 and 916 per the diagram that you attached. The one I ordered is mirrored at the connection and it does not fit even though it is very similar.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts