Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the fuse is located? i have a 2001 ml55 i check the fuse box under the front hood and the panel doesn't show?... I did not check the passenger side kick panel fuse box yet! well, it sucks having to pull over in traffic cause the expansion tank overheats....any help will be highly appreciated
thanks!

·
Premium Member
16,761 Posts
Please update your profile to include the year and model of your truck.

The reason you couldn't find the fuse (100 amp) is because it is located on the positive battery cable. Look at the illustration below and it is #21.

Of course you must understand that the fuse might check out fine and there could be another reason why you are overheating. Thermostat, water pump, faulty fan, faulty temperature switch, but whatever it imay be do not drive the vehicle, except a short distance to the repair shop to have it checked out. Your engine will be at risk.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I did notice the fuse on the +battery side when i follow the red wire from the ballast on the fan.... never seen a fuse like that before though!.... I know for sure the fan is not kicking in! I though it would be a quick fix! like a fuse...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks to both off you, my fuse blew when I gave someone a jump start and he fixed the lead to the other side of the fuse. The coolant light had me baffled until I found this thread. Thanks again.

Happy Christmas and new year!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts