Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I bought a CLS (CLS 320 CDI (219.322) year 2006 engine OM642) that not riding for a long time
I have changed new main battery because previous was empty and after starting it turned out that there was a problem with the electrics.

• direction indicators and emergency lights do not work
  • electric seats do not work - central locking does not work
  • red alarm battery is on
  • strange but the registration backlight is on all the time
  • and more

The first thing I thought and what they write on the forums is that the additional battery is a replacement, but interestingly in my model there is NO additional battery.
I checked all the fuses with the meter - they are OK.

HELP

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
6,046 Posts
Disconnect ground line from battery for about 20 to 30 minutes to let all systems return to sleep mode, reattach in an attempt to reset. If this fails, have someone erase stored codes using Xentry (MB diagnostics) and quick test for any new codes. Provide VIN, curious about no auxiliary battery.

·
Premium Member
'71 Pinto
6,046 Posts
If you're asking, you should have this cable. The point I was trying to make is again, if reset I recommended previously does not work you need to have someone check for fault codes using MB diagnostics the sensor on this cable stores fault code history.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have resetted it as you recommended previously but unfortunettly it didnt help.
So now only checking using specialized interface? I have standard obd2 adapter but it hasn't show any faults.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,974 Posts
Welcome to the forum @stille - please take a moment to read the information on the links below. It explains how to use the forums and update your user profile so that your car's details and your location appear on each post below your avatar. This is good information for others to know when trying to help. It also has good information about how the forums are organized and how to use the search feature:

Find your Forum Section, Navigate & Search

Complete your profile.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts