Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1997 MB 500SL - 1988 Bentley Mulsane S and a few others
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry if this has already been covered (I could not find it) - where are the fuses for the electric rad. cooling fans located? AC is blowing but not very cold - 134 seems at proper level - noticed that the electric fans are not running while it's 95 degrees out. Fuses will be my first search.

·
Registered
1995 SL500
126 Posts
If that fuse is ok, then I'd check the fused relay. Once you've taken the top off of the fuse box, you should see 6 phillips head screws that hold the fuse box "frame" and also the cover to the bigger fuses and relays. Take that off and look for a green relay that has a 30A green fuse in it. I JUST discovered this fuse this past weekend, and replaced the fuse. Now, my aux fans are back to working. Prior to this, my A/C would blow cold air unless I was stopped for an extended period of time. Then, it would blow hot air - until I began driving again. I guess it's a safety issue that keeps the engine from overheating.

·
Registered
1997 MB 500SL - 1988 Bentley Mulsane S and a few others
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks - I'll give that a try as well. FWIW it does blow mild/cool air without the aux. fans running - but the air is far from the normal cold temp. In the old 1995 Dodge mini-van (175,000 miles) you can freeze meat - replaced the compressor once in 15 years (and that was 2 years ago) At least the fuses are on top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.