Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1999 E300TD. I recently replaced my windshield/headlamp washer reservoir. I do not have optional headlight wipers.I found an electrical connector that was not attached to anything. In the photo, the grey

IMG_7105.jpg

connector is on the middle of the left side of the image. It looks like a pin style connector. I cannot find where it gets attached. Any ideas would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1998 E320s sedan and wagon
970 Posts
My ‘98 E320 wagon with no headlight squirters has extra connectors in that area though I’m not sure they’re exactly like that.

I don’t think any 210s came with headlight wipers. Only high pressure washers. Usually with HID option in US.

How did you get the old reservoir off the ABS pump bracket? There are tangs the hug the bracket that I can’t get loose.

Sixto
98 E320 wagon 197K miles

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
3,512 Posts
Hood latch sensor for the antitheft?

These used to go bad on the regular and trigger the alarm for no reason. Unplugging them fixed the problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks to all. I will just tape the connector and not worry about it.

tabijan. I started by lifting the headlight reservoir out and disconnecting it. Then remove the 10mm nut fastener on the windshield wash reservoir. The tank tangs hold securely but I was able to pull the reservoir tank towards the front of the vehicle easily breaking away the tank from the bracket. Good Luck.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
267 Posts
The 1996 vehicles could indeed be ordered with headlamp washers without Xenon. In 1997 or 1998, this changed in the US where the washers were only present on Xenon cars, until 2007.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts