Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Banned
04 SL500 / 06 ML 500
2,004 Posts
The truth is little to nothing by itself. W208's respond to a total package grouping of performance mods only when done in unison but to be honest, you may actually lose 2-3 low range hp/tq #'s to gain maybe 5-7 on the top end.
Also use the forum search for Eisenmann. There's a lot there

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
I would agree. You are going to $1000+US for a stainless steel muffler that will give you marginal gains but may sound cool.

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thans guys for your reply, that is the exact same as what the muffler shop said. Mercedes tunes their cars to get the best preformance out of their exhaust, the only way is to do headers, intake, and the full pipe to notice the difference. what about a TCU and an ECU upgrade are those worth it?

·
Registered
99CLK320
1,480 Posts
I had my ECU flashed by INMontionusa.com a few years ago and noticed a nice improvement in performance based on my butt dyno. I later put in a cold air intake fabed by vipclk320, short tube headers fabed by ghostrider and then I added a Sprintbooster. All made my car much more fun to drive than the original. I have yet to change the exhaust because it is not even close to being worn out. I stated before, I can't see spending a grand on a stainless steel muffler and another 7-8 hundred on a free flow resonator and removing the secondary cats before they are ready to go south. Yer talkin a couple grand to get the exhaust up to speed. My wife would kill me.
I know nothing about a TCU upgrade. The SprintBooster makes for much quicker downshifts if thats what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2006 C55 AMG
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had my ECU flashed by INMontionusa.com a few years ago and noticed a nice improvement in performance based on my butt dyno. I later put in a cold air intake fabed by vipclk320, short tube headers fabed by ghostrider and then I added a Sprintbooster. All made my car much more fun to drive than the original. I have yet to change the exhaust because it is not even close to being worn out. I stated before, I can't see spending a grand on a stainless steel muffler and another 7-8 hundred on a free flow resonator and removing the secondary cats before they are ready to go south. Yer talkin a couple grand to get the exhaust up to speed. My wife would kill me.
I know nothing about a TCU upgrade. The SprintBooster makes for much quicker downshifts if thats what you are looking for.
thanks for the reply, see the car goes like a bat out of hell once it is in second gear, first gear though seems to be lazy and that's what i want to get rid off. i know that is common with benz that they are a little lazy until about 3k rpm so I was hoping for more throttle resonse.

·
Registered
Mercedes S320 CDI 2007
111 Posts
Agreed - sprintbooster is the answer for throttle response & your car will feel like a rocketship in comparison to stock.

Don't beleive the negative posts you may read from people who theorteicise without actually having one - it will fell like ou just added a turbo :D

Matt

·
Registered
W208 CLK430 Coupe, W212 E350 Sedan
133 Posts
I had the Eisanmenn and I loved it.....it sounded amazing. Sold to another member on here though because I don't really drive the car that often anymore.

·
Registered
Hopes & Dreams
1,418 Posts
I'm late to the party but don't waste your money on an Eisenmann, the performance you're going to get for the cost, if any at all, is not worth it. If you're looking for 'the sound', get yourself a Magnaflow. After you do that, you can take yourself out to dinner to thank yourself for saving a lot of money.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts