·
Registered
2003 SLK 320
684 Posts
On a 320 but you get the idea:
http://www.slk32.com/pages/eisenmann/eisenmann.html

Video about halfway down. Again, on a 320, but you get it:
http://www.slk32.com/pages/movies/slkmovies.html

If i recall correctly, if you have a 230 sport you dont have to cut any pipes? Someone correct me please, but I remember something like that. Hope this helps. Someone on the forum has the exhaust, so they can give you first-hand answers.

·
Registered
SLK 230
294 Posts
I have the eisenmann sport exhaust. Back when i got it, it was called the high performance exhaust. They did away with the old sport which was the low model and called the high performance the sport. You have to buy the sound pipe with it. The stock exhaust and resonator comes off and is replaced by the sound pipe and the eisenmann exhaust bolt on. No cutting of the exhaust is required. You have to make sure that there's enough room for the exhaust on the rear apron. I had to cut a larger area for my exhaust in the back. I've had problems with the exhaust tilting but that was due to poor installation, since then I took it to midas to get corrected but they ended up snapping off the mount from the muffler to the car. The exhaust started rattling and hitting the bumper then. I eventually got this problem corrected by replacing the broken mount. The sound is good. it can be loud sometimes when the top is down but I like the deep, throaty sound. As for performance, I couldn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
2000 Slk230 Sport
142 Posts
I got a connecting pipe for 75 bucks more so I did not have to cut my stock pipe for the Eisenmann to connect to. You can cut the stock pipe and fit it up but you won't be able to put the stock exhaust back on. But, after you replace the weak sounding exhaust you won't want the stock muffler back on.

With a manual you will love the sound of your car much better. It will sound like a sports car should.

·
Registered
1999 SLK 230
68 Posts
I have one also. very easy to installation. I have the sport model. I had to cut the rear plastic apron for the dual tips to fit. I had a rattle but by replacing the "o" ring suspension donuts and putting rubber washers between the clamp eliminated issue.

The muffler is stainless steel with dual tips. I also purchased the sound pipe and new ring between the cat and sound pipe.

The muffler is loud when accelerating. When cruising, it mellows out. Got mine at Bekkers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts