Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2001. Clk 55 amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I changed the eis in my 2001 clk 55 amg. Now key wont turn. Remote works lock doors. Inside lights come on. I can feel the switch. Take my key. With that. Click like noise it does. When you insert key. Had key programmed suposedly anyway . PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
2001. Clk 55 amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I changed the eis in my 2001 clk 55 amg. Now key wont turn. Remote works lock doors. Inside lights come on. I can feel the switch. Take my key. With that. Click like noise it does. When you insert key. Had key programmed suposedly anyway . PLEASE HELP

·
Registered
64 Posts
FWIW......

The EIS and fobs / keys are single use / lock to - only work with the original coded vehicle it is not possible to re-program a EIS - fob. Even if you would have access to the original MB system that is used to program, it will not be possible to re-program.

This will be a very expensive learning curve. That at the end if a new EIS is required a dealer will be the most practical.

·
Registered
2001. Clk 55 amg
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Why. Do. People. Say they do it . i took gear shifter itvof a doner car and. It worked no programming. Nothing . they. Was saying same thing . id have getbnew one and have dealership program it.. 600 for shifter plus programming . 20 bucks i was on rd again. . sorry but im not buying that . i get bypass modual. From ebay ..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts