Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
clk 320
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed an Eibach pro kit on my clk 320 and the gap is higher on the front than the rear. it looks awkward. the front has a three finger gap and the back has a two finger gap. is this normal? do you guys recommend me changing the rubber shim pads on the front to even it out? and how much lowering does the various pad sizes make. i only need to lower about 1/4 to 1/2 inches on the front. please tell me if anyone knows anything about this. help pleeeze my car looks ugly right now!

·
Registered
387 Posts
How long ago did you put the springs on? You should probably wait about 500 miles for the ...

How long ago did you put the springs on? You should probably wait about 500 miles for the car to fully settle and then check to see how you feel about the height. If you're still not happy with it, then you can always swap the spring pads with thinner ones to get the look you want. Be aware that this will result in labor charges similar to the installation charges for your springs because they have to come out to put the pads in. That does sound like a pretty big gap though. First thing would be to make sure you got sent the right springs ;0)

·
Registered
CLK320
2 Posts
hahaaaa! sucks for youuuu!!!

heheh just kidding. i just posted something about this ...

hahaaaa! sucks for youuuu!!!

heheh just kidding. i just posted something about this in another thread about some guy deciding between eibachs and h&r's.

anyway i have the same problem, and tough luck, that's just how they are. freakin eibachs. guess the only thing to do is swap the pads, but that affects the ride quality too, especially on 19s.

here's a pic of mine, and its even on a decline so the front is LOWER than it normally is.

its ok man i feel ya.... if you want we can put some 12" daytons on and go cruisin the east side together to make you feel better haha.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts