Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
'97 E420 Sport Brilliant Silver
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to lower my 97 e420 sport. I don't want a harsh ride, which springs are better...the Eibach pro kit or the H & R kit? Thanks

·
W203, W210 Moderator
E55 ///AMG
6,910 Posts
TyBenzo - 4/13/2005 11:50 AM

I need to lower my 97 e420 sport. I don't want a harsh ride, which springs are better...the Eibach pro kit or the H & R kit? Thanks[/QUOTE

Eiback and H & R are the same company. The only thing that is different between the two are the ride of the spring, meaning if you use H & R it feels like the same as the "factory ride" which is better and 1 1/2 inch all round.

For Eiback they do it a little bit different, for the front they lower it 1-3/4 and for the back 1-1/2, the ride a little bit harder.

Springs will cost you around $350 or so and labor for E class like 5+ hrs

·
Registered
98 e320
85 Posts
I don't think Eibach and H&R is same company. If you look at all the threads on this topic here, you will find H&R is harsher than Eibach. I went with Eibach kit and Koni adjustable shocks from www.tirerack.com.
They sell a complete Eibach kit with Eibach shocks, but it's actually more expensive, and tirerack told me Koni is better shock. Here's how my '98 looks with Eibach/Koni and #2 spring pads:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts