Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched all the forums and I'ved never seen any comparison or contrast on these two springs. Who has had both? I'm debating on which ones to get.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
You may want to do research as to whether or not Kleeman are just rebadged Eibachs or H&R. Most aftermarket tuners just private label in contracts with a major manufacturer in this case suspension mfgr. I believe renntech are eibachs for example; correct me if wrong. Techart for porsche, their exhaust is made by Supersprint, AC Schnitzer (BMWs) springs are Eibachs, OZ make wheels for Hamann and other brands and the list goes on and on.

Machines to develop and mass produce springs are hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. I would be suprised if they (Kleeman) does not oursource this part to the major players.

·
Registered
CLK430
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gorilla Beast - 4/20/2005 4:01 AM

You may want to do research as to whether or not Kleeman are just rebadged Eibachs or H&R. Most aftermarket tuners just private label in contracts with a major manufacturer in this case suspension mfgr. I believe renntech are eibachs for example; correct me if wrong. Techart for porsche, their exhaust is made by Supersprint, AC Schnitzer (BMWs) springs are Eibachs, OZ make wheels for Hamann and other brands and the list goes on and on.

Machines to develop and mass produce springs are hundreds of thousands if not millions of dollars. I would be suprised if they (Kleeman) does not oursource this part to the major players.
True, but would that be the same as saying that since Daimler Benz owns Chrysler that I get the same quality and styling by purchasing a Chrysler product. I wonder if the springs are the same or if they have different properties.

·
Registered
190e 2.3l-16v
230 Posts
From what i have seen with outsourced suspension products usually its the same just different color part, box, and logos. With exhaust usually tip is different and the muffler is slightly different in some cases.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts