Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a C230K sport sedan and i was intrested in a set of lowering springs but i was worried about how stiff the car would be. it already has low profile tires and the stiff suspension. I don't want to loose all of the ride quality. i was looking at lowering it 1.3 inches. If someone already lowered there W203 please advise.

·
Registered
C230K Sport Sedan
5,368 Posts
I did the Eibach kit and immediately drove on some of the worst most crumbled roads in L...

I did the Eibach kit and immediately drove on some of the worst most crumbled roads in LA and the ride difference was unnoticible or even slightly better. The Eibachs are progressively wound. Handling also improved. You'll need to get longer camber bolts up front to get the front withing spec and the back, you'll just have to live with an extra degree of negative camber. Just as a price point, I paid $330 parts and labor. You may also want to consider the AMG sway bars, available at the MB dealer for about $200. Improves handling a lot for no ride penalty. Get you in and out of those NY potholes pronto.

·
Registered
2002 C230k
1,246 Posts
Vogtland springs are supposed to maintain ride qualtiy while lowering the car about 1". K...

Vogtland springs are supposed to maintain ride qualtiy while lowering the car about 1". Kleemann springs are progressive rate springs and should have excellent ride quality.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts