Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'95 993 / 2011 F150 Raptor SC / Land Cruiser D4D V8 / 500 SEC
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I'm not to happy about my SECs new found stilts, I'm looking into lowering springs.

There's a thread on here somewhere stating that Eibach does no longer produce these springs, and only H+R's are available.

I've found this company in Holland that claims they CAN however deliver an Eibach lowering kit (I have not checked actual availability)

S-Klasse (126) by GiVa Wheels

I don't know if these springs are to original AMG spec or not, but at least there's some alternative to the H+R's

For those interested in the complete package, I am told Bilstein can do B8 upside downs for our cars as well (SE, SEL and SEC)

·
Always Remembered RIP
1991 560SEC AMG
10,146 Posts
eibach for the long term

eibach springs (I have the receipt from the West Los Angeles shop --- I think it was Stuttgart Automotive) who installed them in April 1992 and so they have been on my car for over 20 years, and with no problems to report.

The car has a very slight nose-down position with them that gives it an "aggressive" look and it handles and corners well in normal and ;) ----> "sport" driving and in :eek: ----> "emergency" maneuvers.

So I can recommend them for the long term, with experience-based confidence.

(October 2010) :

~~~~

Shocks are Bilstein HD, before that it was Bilstein "comforts" for many years. Virtually no difference between the two (HD and comfort) to report...

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My wallet is screamin 'incoming' right now :thumbsup:

·
W123 Moderator
78 450 SL, 84 500sec (Euro), 94 E320 Wagon and 85 500 SEL (Real AMG, 5.4, Pentas & Body Kit)
797 Posts
why not just re-install the ones that you had?

Why not just re-install the ones that you had to remove to get it through the safety test?

Just my 2 euros

·
Premium Member
87 300SL "Roadster" 86 420SEL "Limo" 89 420SEL The "New" Limo 87 190E 2.6 fact bodykit
1,575 Posts
I bought a full Eibach spring kit for my SEL 6 months ago from here Eibach opening page [So far I have only installed the front springs]

If they are available in Australia I'd be surprised if you couldn't get them over there:confused:

Cheers :thumbsup:

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
In order for me to run lowering springs I need two things :

A validation certificate from the manufacturer issued by a NoBo (e.g. TüV) stating details about the springs and their approval for application (i.e. are they certified for use under a given type of vehicle)

An installation certificate from a certified installer including an alignment certificate stating camber, canter and toe-in.

I looked voor the validation certificate on the Vogtland website but could not find it. Called Vogtland and they categorically state they do NOT make lowering springs for a W126C. So I will NEVER get the Vogtlands to work.

If they are available in Australia I'd be surprised if you couldn't get them over there:confused:

Cheers :thumbsup:
I checked their website and all I get is spacers. Hence my confusion. If I can get an Eibach / Bilstein B8 combo installed and certified I'll buy it tomorrow. But so far, alas.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Success !

I've been looking in the wrong place. There are springs AND shoks available, and they're on the Bilstein site, not on Eibach's.

New underpinnings are in the works.

Now I have to find the preloaded spreader so I can have it aligned properly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts