Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes Benz 190E 2.6 1993
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello there!

I changed the plug that goes into the EHA unit, but I don't remember the correct place for the pines (shame on me!). The plug has number 1 and 2, also there's a similar marking on the EHA itself but there is a locating pin on the EHA unit that only allows the plug to be located in one orientation.

But the only way that the plug can go in is with the 1 meshing with 2 and the 2 meshing with the 1 ie the opposite way around. Is this possible? I have two wires: brown and black. Were's the right place for the pines? Black on number 1 or 2? does it matters?

Please help me!
¡Gracias!

Attachments

·
Registered
'01 SLK230,'93 190E 2.3, 1971 LS5 Corvette Convertible
2,194 Posts
If you want to make sure that it is wired correctly, take a volt meter and ohm out the leads from the EHA connector to the CFI Module located behind the battery.

Pin # 1 of the EHA should go to pin # 12 on the 25 pin connector.
Pin # 2 of the EHA should go to pin # 10 on the 25 pin connector.

Then you will be able to wire it accordingly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for your answer!

I'm not sure, behind the battery there's the ABS computer, the KE control unit and the MAS control unit. Only the MAS control unit has 22 pins, the other have more than 30. Only the MAS unit has number on its pines, but not the other ones.

I have a 190e 2.6 1993 ... Should I test on the MAS pines?
Does some body has a picture? or know where to wire the brown and black cable on the EHA pines?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Thank you for your answer!

I'm not sure, behind the battery there's the ABS computer, the KE control unit and the MAS control unit. Only the MAS control unit has 22 pins, the other have more than 30. Only the MAS unit has number on its pines, but not the other ones.

I have a 190e 2.6 1993 ... Should I test on the MAS pines?
Does some body has a picture? or know where to wire the brown and black cable on the EHA pines?

Thanks!
I see that you are in Mexico. I guess you don't have the North America version.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes, I'm in Mexico, but I live in the border with US. This car came from US (Washington DC). Unfortunately this model of cars were not sold in my country, I think because in that time my country was in crisis.

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Yes, I'm in Mexico, but I live in the border with US. This car came from US (Washington DC). Unfortunately this model of cars were not sold in my country, I think because in that time my country was in crisis.
Hey, why are you driving a 190E when you could be driving an air cooled VW Beetle. I love seeing the Bugs when I go to Mexico.

How many pins does connector on the KE control unit have?

Hey, it probably doesn't matter anyway. I would put the brown black wire on pin #1 of the EHA connector and the black one on pin #2.

Check this thread:
http://www.peachparts.com/shopforum/showthread.php?t=77621&highlight=eha+connector

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hahaha ... I really love the VW beetle, I wanted one before had bought the mercedes, but mom told me that a bug doesn't have any kind of "prestige", so she refused to buy the beetle ... well, that's another story.

Ohh, I don't remember how many pins, I have plugged and installed all again .... It had more than 30 blank spaces, but only about 20 had bushings (or some like that).

So, do you think I must change it? Currently my wires are like this:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
hahaha ... I really love the VW beetle, I wanted one before had bought the mercedes, but mom told me that a bug doesn't have any kind of "prestige", so she refused to buy the beetle ... well, that's another story.

Ohh, I don't remember how many pins, I have plugged and installed all again .... It had more than 30 blank spaces, but only about 20 had bushings (or some like that).

This is from Steve Brotherton in 2003.

Maybe, the wiring diagram for your car doesn't show the connector numbers but the earlier one has Brown and Black on #1, and Black on #2.

It won't hurt anything to get them backwards but you will figure it out pretty quick. Reversing them changes the direction of the current flow and it will make the positive current 60+ma starting enrichment look just like the -60ma decel cutoff (the exact opposite and not likely to start a cold car.
So, you should be able to tell if it is right or wrong when performing cold starts.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much slk230red! ... Now I understand. Sometimes I take so long to understand because of my bad english :D

·
Registered
2,194 Posts
Thank you very much slk230red! ... Now I understand. Sometimes I take so long to understand because of my bad english :D
Hey, your English is a hell of a lot better than my Spanish.:thumbsup:

Good luck with the 190E, but I would still rather have an air cooled Beetle.

The last air cooled Beetle made in Mexico.:crybaby2:

Attachments

·
190E, SLK350
67,006 Posts

I will give you my 190E for a bug

1 - 13 of 13 Posts