Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 2000 Kawasaki W650
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing a differential oil change and found that this post in the EGv107 has images hosted by Photobucket that make it look like I'm wearing beer goggles.

Image from above thread.

Any way to make those viewable again? I've seen some suggest there are extensions for Chrome, but my firewall extension reported that one extension would not be good for security reasons. That's not surprising because Photobucket now being a for-pay service, using some sort of extension that defeats their paywall isn't exactly kosher.

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,176 Posts
Haven't checked using laptop, but on my android phone the pics in that thread are fine.

·
Registered
'80 450SLC Afro RHD Ikonengold
2,891 Posts

·
Premium Member
'72 350SL, '85 300D, '98 E320, '19 Subaru Outback (sold '14 GLK250)
10,176 Posts
I checked those photobucket links on my Windows 10 laptop. They work fine. Reason being that I have the Photobucket Hotlink Fix extension installed. May not be available for macs, but works fine on Windows 7 and 10.

·
Registered
1987 560SL, 2000 Kawasaki W650
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The problem is that Macs are better for professional media content editing software like ProTools, the ubiquitous professional audio software, with which if I wanted to, I could mix a whole album in my living room while still in my bathrobe and jammies. I once tried to get ProTools to run on Windows machines at school back when I was gainfully employed, but the damn things kept getting hung up and you’d lose a whole bunch of work at least once an hour, sometimes sooner with a complicated project. Final Cut Pro is an Apple product, so good luck getting that to play nicely with a Windows OS, and you can’t have the kids going out on the job market asking “What’s Final Cut Pro?”

I will keep digging for a workaround and will report back with my findings.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts