Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
'08 Acura MDX
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been getting a CEL intermittently with this code for awhile now. Its getting worse - 3 times today. My appt with the dealer is next Wednesday. Any guess what it is?

·
Registered
MBs
2,656 Posts
UncAl - 12/2/2004 8:23 AM

I've been getting a CEL intermittently with this code for awhile now. Its getting worse - 3 times today. My appt with the dealer is next Wednesday. Any guess what it is?
UncAl, probably a clogged EGR valve. Did you see this thread?

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=105533&highlight=EGR%20valve

·
Registered
2003 ML500 & 2003 CLK500
169 Posts
UncAl:

Had the same problem a couple of months back, it was the EGR flow tube clogged as mentioned above. My engine burns a lot of oil, and it seems that's where it all ends up.
There was a link with pix (www.autotechonwheels.com/ttoct03.htm ), but it's off-line now and the guy's trying to sell a book about his tech tips. If you're interested in DIY, re-post or e-mail me directly, I've got a couple of photos of my findings and words of wit and wisdom on the DIY. My EGR valves were also both crapped up. An hour or so, some Gumout, and being ready to take a bunch of parts off your engine and you can save big $$$. I'm at work now, and won't be home until very late, patience pays...
Good Luck either way (DIY or stealer),
Roger

·
Registered
2000 ML430
657 Posts
ScubaDriver - 12/3/2004 8:20 AM

UncAl:

Had the same problem a couple of months back, it was the EGR flow tube clogged as mentioned above. My engine burns a lot of oil, and it seems that's where it all ends up.
There was a link with pix (www.autotechonwheels.com/ttoct03.htm ), but it's off-line now and the guy's trying to sell a book about his tech tips. If you're interested in DIY, re-post or e-mail me directly, I've got a couple of photos of my findings and words of wit and wisdom on the DIY. My EGR valves were also both crapped up. An hour or so, some Gumout, and being ready to take a bunch of parts off your engine and you can save big $$$. I'm at work now, and won't be home until very late, patience pays...
Good Luck either way (DIY or stealer),
Roger
Was this caused by your engine burning oil??. Did you correct the oil burning issue..
Thanks

·
Registered
2001 ML320
1,126 Posts
post the DIY

as a publication on benzworld. I'll also mirror it on my M-Class Outpost.
Can't believe that guy did that...

·
Registered
'08 Acura MDX
3,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Wolfgang - 12/2/2004 1:59 PM

UncAl - 12/2/2004 8:23 AM

UncAl, probably a clogged EGR valve. Did you see this thread?

http://www.mercedesshop.com/shopforum/showthread.php3?t=105533&highlight=EGR%20valve
Thanks for the link. Yup, it was the EGR Valve. They also replaced the line to it. According to the SA, the "book" had it down as five hours. $800 to fix it.

[:0][:(!][xx(]

They also did the "B" service, and also replaced the transfer case motor (per a stored OBDII code). Total bill was $1500.

·
Registered
1993 400e 4.2l v8
14 Posts
my 400e has a egr flow malfunction reading

if you have pics id like to see them.any help would be nice.

·
Registered
1993 400e 4.2l v8
14 Posts
my 400e has a egr flow malfunction reading

·
Premium Member
02 ML320 06 ML500
17,180 Posts
More than likely you have a clogged EGR tube. Remove the tube at the right rear of the engine and clean if possible; if not replace with new.

Please UPDATE YOUR PROFILE.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,298 Posts
Do you work for them?

You have made 4 posts in different areas of the forums all saying people should get this emulator. Advertising by members is not allowed.

·
Premium Member
ML55 2003, ML55 2002, ML63 2007
4,123 Posts
What car do you have? Please update your profile. We need to know your car model,year & your location.

·
Super Moderator
99 ML430, 00 ML320, 05 E500 4matic Wagon
22,298 Posts
No, this is my own discovery. I am happy to tell you about this sollution of problem. I waste a lot of time to do this job.
Thank you for clearing that up.

Please don't look at it as a waste of time. New discoveries are always welcome.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts