Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was in my trunk, getting wierd looks from the neighbors and a cop who drove by, but i found some interesting stuff... looking to see what kind of spakers and amps there are space for i took off the plastic side well covers and some metal plate in the back of the trunk, coverign the fuel tank... above the fuel tank and to the right (looking at it from behind car) there was this black thing with a bunch of spheres, looked like an eggcrate... i can see a vacumn line running to it, anyone know what it is?

·
Registered
125 Posts
It's the vacuum supply tank

It stores vacuum. It is the reason you can lock and unlock your door locks several times (ideally) with the car off.

·
Registered
1983 300Dturbodiesel
297 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thats what i thought it was... it looks like its held on by some kind of plastic rivet thi...

thats what i thought it was... it looks like its held on by some kind of plastic rivet thing a few screws...can it be taken out and repositioned somewhere else?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I'm not sure

I'm not sure, but you probably could. As long as any of it's connections, like the gray-striped vacuum line (gray = supply tank), are long enough or extended, then maybe.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.