Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer #1 will give me a flat $4k off MSRP on a build to order 2013 ML. No other discounts going unless there is something going when delivery takes place in Nov. or Dec. like conquest or Winter Sales Event Incentives.

Dealer #2 will honor USAA and their certificate says $3800 off.

Dealer #3: is a Costco approved dealer. Won't quote price until I walk in and show Costco card.

Don't all dealers take USAA discount certificates?

How much more is reasonable to come off MSRP in addition to the USAA certificate? Dealer #1 is the most interesting as he quoted $4k off and I didn't mention I was a USAA member.

Any thoughts as I've never owned or dealt with a MB dealer before.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
Let me clarify

Where are you located ? There are some regional/area considerations.

Just so you know additional incentives and program values like Mercedes Conquest or USAA program certificates are based on delivery date, not order date.

Frankly, the USAA is the best program going on Mercedes - forget the rest. USAA finance rates are also some of the very sharpest around.

Ditch all this other stuff, Costco or open discount, and put a ML on order NOW with a dealer who accepts USAA.

The USAA program will be the best program overall for November/early December when your ML should be ready - that $3800 might be adjusted a bit more, if at that time there are added Mercedes incentives - the USAA program discount goes up to take account of any added Mercedes monies.

At that same time, time Mercedes "might" have a 1.99% program that will beat USAA finance rates - but you can check and compare rates right before delivery.

Boil it down to USAA - get your ML on order NOW - in a blink of a eye all ML production for Nov/Dec will be committed.

Keep the beat !

Not all Mercedes dealers accept USAA - "most" do, you ask and get a clear "yes" they do. If they say "we have programs as good as or a hair better than USAA" - then that dealer has forked tonque.

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where are you located ? There are some regional/area considerations.

Just so you know additional incentives and program values like Mercedes Conquest or USAA program certificates are based on delivery date, not order date.

Frankly, the USAA is the best program going on Mercedes - forget the rest. USAA finance rates are also some of the very sharpest around.

Ditch all this other stuff, Costco or open discount, and put a ML on order NOW with a dealer who accepts USAA.

The USAA program will be the best program overall for November/early December when your ML should be ready - that $3800 might be adjusted a bit more, if at that time there are added Mercedes incentives - the USAA program discount goes up to take account of any added Mercedes monies.

At that same time, time Mercedes "might" have a 1.99% program that will beat USAA finance rates - but you can check and compare rates right before delivery.

Boil it down to USAA - get your ML on order NOW - in a blink of a eye all ML production for Nov/Dec will be committed.

Keep the beat !

Not all Mercedes dealers accept USAA - "most" do, you ask and get a clear "yes" they do. If they say "we have programs as good as or a hair better than USAA" - then that dealer has forked tonque.
Fabris, I'm about 30 minutes from La Jolla. I've got an order in with deposit and a SD County dealer. Dealer said that you cannot combine offers. Confirmed that 2012 has a Costco price of $900 below invoice. 2013 Costco offer has $1000 over invoice on the Bluetec. But he was not clear if you can combine the USAA and Costco and Conquest. Conquest is not available right now but might be in Nov or Dec. when delivery is done.

Can you confirm if Costco, USAA and Conquest can be combined?

·
Registered
2012 ML350 4Matic
297 Posts
The So Cal market is competitive. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 10% discount off MSRP right off the bat.

·
Registered
111 Posts
The So Cal market is competitive. I wouldn't settle for anything less than 10% discount off MSRP right off the bat.
To get to 10%+ there need to be significant incentives involved. Incentives change month to month.

I've checked with all LA and most OC dealers. The best way to strike a deal is to agree on a price relative to invoice plus incentives at time of delivery.

You should be able to get an under invoice agreement plus incentives. That is what I was offered by a few dealers. Some dealers will not budge much, some play games and some have poor track records (dealer rater, yelp, etc.)

Whichever dealer that you decide to buy from they should be trustworthy enough that you don't worry about the numbers changing at time of delivery.

Also ask the dealer if they charge points on the financing that they will secure for you if you aren't paying cash or walking in with your own loan. This plus the numbers that you agreed to and the dealer's rep are all factors that should be considered.

My deal is X under invoice plus incentives and no points on their best avail financing. With top credit their best loan is under 2% right now. And this is with a dealer that I trust based on reviews and conversations. Good luck.

From what I hear from people and dealers is that USAA is the best deal that you can get on a Mercedes. I do not qualify for it, unfortunately.

·
Registered
2012 ML350 4Matic
297 Posts
OP:

Do you absolutely need an oddball configuration that is only available build to order? If not, you should just wait till Nov or Dec and pick whatever floats your boat. 10% discount or better is very realistic when the car is in inventory.

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We tend to hold onto our vehicles for a while so we thought that building one (never did it before) made a tremendous amount of sense. Perhaps a little more than buying off the lot but if your going to live with something for many years might as well like it.

the remaining 2012 models on the lots have undesirable options hence the reason why they are still there

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was able to factory order a 2013 ML350 in May 12, took delivery last week at $500 under invoice for Costco and an added fleet (USAA) discount of $2000 for a total of $2500 under invoice. USAA fluctuates and was at $2000 for August, the most it's been I recall is $3000 so if my timing was perfect I may have saved an additional $1000.

·
Registered
1999 E55, 2001 E320, 1990 560 SEC, 2004 ML350, 2001 ML55, 1995 S500, 1998 SL500, 2010 E550 Sport zoo
7,035 Posts
First - it is senseless to talk about 2012's in August when 2013's are rolling in now. There isn't a added discount on the 2012's that would make it a reasonable investment as compared to a new 2012 based on 1 yr added depreciation - unless we talked low mileage pre-owned 2012's with CPO warranty.

Gagetmn - thanks for sharing, whatever glad you are happy..

Let state right now - there will NOT be a lot of ML's "sitting in the lot" in Sept/Oct/Nov, etc...

The fact is Mercedes ramped up production but that increased production is going to overseas markets where the ML is just as exciting as here in the US, if not more...

Catch a ML production slot as soon as you can, based on the best program you qualify for... because in a few weeks dealers won't be taking bottom feeder deals like some are doing now - because they will want to make more on their cars..

Keep the faith - but don't cut yourself off from driving a 2013 when still in 2012 - early birds get the least depreciation mates..

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Catch a ML production slot as soon as you can, based on the best program you qualify for... because in a few weeks dealers won't be taking bottom feeder deals like some are doing now - because they will want to make more on their cars..

Keep the faith - but don't cut yourself off from driving a 2013 when still in 2012 - early birds get the least depreciation mates..
Order is in and deposit was paid last weekend. Only snag was that we had to go with a special order leather (black and grey) instead of just grey leather because they were out of grey leather (which sounds weird to me).

The only thing to do right now is wait 3 months for delivery and then see what incentive programs are available at that time.

It's kind of weird to me ordering a vehicle and not knowing what you're ultimately going to be paying for it.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
Frankly, SDGT3 it is to your advantage to have Nov/Dec delivery when Mercedes incentives are maximized and/or Mercedes finance rates/terms are best too.

You pull the USAA when the ML is in, and check incentives on this board - USAA will be automatically adjusted - all will be smooth and easy.

Keep the faith - and congrats on your new ML on order !

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's kind of weird to me ordering a vehicle and not knowing what you're ultimately going to be paying for it.
You're paying less for your than probably 99.x% of buyers. Most will be only getting 500-1000 under sticker. Plus you get it the way you want it. You can take solace in knowing that.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
"Most will be getting onlu $500-$1000 under sticker" - that's a LA attitude for sure !

Average national discount this past year on ML's was 3.1% on MSRP - and frankly this Fall ML's won't see the bottom dollar discounts of Fall last year.

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
"Most will be getting onlu $500-$1000 under sticker" - that's a LA attitude for sure !

Average national discount this past year on ML's was 3.1% on MSRP - and frankly this Fall ML's won't see the bottom dollar discounts of Fall last year.
If they want to move MLs they need to do better than this past year not worse because everyone else is making deals including Porsche with their new diesel. I was offered 5% off their first and only Cayenne diesel the local dealer received. I flat turned them down indicating that Mercedes was at 8-10% off and BMW was at 14% off MSRP.

The deals will get better on both X5 and Cayennes as the year ends and everyone wants to hit their target numbers.... including MB with the ML and the new GL that's coming out.

BTW, Fabris, the 2012 GLs are being blown out at incredible prices. $13k off sticker...

·
Registered
2020 MB GLE 450 4MATIC, 2015 BMW M4
2,127 Posts
BTW, Fabris, the 2012 GLs are being blown out at incredible prices. $13k off sticker...
That's a good deal for some, but the new one is so improved it's worth the extra, IMO.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I second that opinion, no matter the discount, it would kill me to purchase the last year of a series when it was being redesigned...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

·
Registered
ML350
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I second that opinion, no matter the discount, it would kill me to purchase the last year of a series when it was being redesigned...

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
The new GL got rave reviews in the most recent Autoweek magazine and I'm sure it's a fine vehicle.

For those more inclined to lease than buy, the dealer offered a 24 month lease with an 18 month opt out with no penalty on the outgoing GL. It's a heck of a deal if you want to wait 18 mo. and see what's out there then.

·
Registered
7,035 Posts
2012 GL's..

Actually, net on blow out can be as much as $16K - $8K dealer + $6K limited MB certificate - however not as much on Bluetech, I would call that $10K tops for this week.

A $77K almost-really-full-loaded GL450 for $62K - feature for feature is a hell of a smart value - especially if you want roominess especially roof height.

A $72K model with $16K off, not-so-much long term since don't have the features - the $76-$79K MSRP GL450's a great move

The '13 GL has a lot to love, but kindof reduced cabin "roominess" as compared to the '12.

I had thought up to this week that we might see some '13 GL's on the ground next week - but they have some last minute bug chasing - and crazy as it sounds no one knows if they have 3rd row fixed glass sunroof's standard or no fixed glass sunroof at all - insn't that a kick !

Also the 60% side of 2nd row which now folds up causes some other last minute issues - like breaking off the DVD entertainment system if that system is left open and how to clear the driver's seat if driver is in place...

Keep the beat !

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi
I'm in So Cal and wanted to know what other people are getting for discounts on a 2013. I wanted to try to buy at invoice and wanted to know if others thought this was possible.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts