• Wiestec

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Kleemann

Votes: 0 0.0%

ECU tuning for 1999 R129 SL500

3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Frank_S500 
#1 ·
Hello people,

From experience, who would you recommend for tuning my ME2.0 ECU?
I have swapped out my M113 5.0 engine for a 5.4 M113 AMG N/A one. And need my ECU programmed to compliment the new engine.

#4 ·
Of all the tuners you listed, I think Eurocharged is the only one that specializes in doing tunes. I think the others, if they have tunes for your car, have only tunes, and not the ability to tweak for your driving conditions, gas, running idiosyncrasies, etc.

If it were me, I'd look for someone who has the capability to do dyno tunes. Usually the best results. Maybe difficult in Bahrain.

#6 ·
As a matter of fact, Jerry from Eurocharged did respond to my enquiry and asked me to ship my ECU over so he can remap it as if it's an SL55. remapped file.

However, from experience, I know it can be a tricky adventure as I may encounter hick ups along the way due to the fact that it will not be a live tuning and I may need to have to re-ship it back again multiple times if things don't work out well.

Therefore, I found a local guy who is the dealer for Eurocharged and will take care of all the headache, he will run the car on the dyno, gather data, open up the ECU and download the files along with the data from the dyno runs.. send over to Jerry, upload the new files and run the car again and again for adaptation purposes, and continue tweaking the maps until they get it right.

The only problem is.... cost!

The local guy quoted me $1500 for this, while Jerry quoted me a third of this + shipping.

Seems like I need to cough up to get this thing perfect. I just wanted to know if Eurocharged is the way to go before I invest any more money in this.

Thank You

#8 ·
As a matter of fact, Jerry from Eurocharged did respond to my enquiry and asked me to ship my ECU over so he can remap it as if it's an SL55. remapped file.
I think I know what you mean, but just in case, you're not suggesting he will try to load the R230 SL55 AMG Kompressor tune on your 5.4L NA R129 right?

$1500 isn't too bad for a dyno tune. Dyno sessions do cost money not associated with just loading up an off the shelf tune.

Can't wait to hear how this all turns out for you. If my M113 5.0 ever dies, I'm throwing the 5.4L in it.

BTW, I'd make sure everything is in tip top shape before getting a dyno tune done. Meaning no vacuum leaks, faulty or dying sensors, etc. No sense in dyno tuning on a less than healthy engine, if for no other reason, it will not be an optimal tune if you find and fix problems down the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.