Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, can you guys/gals help me with two of my problems. My first problem is my cruise control no longer works. I'm told there are vacum lines that control the selniod, so where do i start? The second problem is proably straight foward how do I reset the computer? I ask becuase the car has 73,000 miles on it but the ECU was replaced awhile back and it says its over 1500 miles over service "A." I know you can rest this, but how. I would bring the car in normally but since I've last posted on this forum, I've joined the military and currently living 200 miles from the nearest dealership. Thanks for your help everyone.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
If you want to reset the entire computer system remove the negative battery connection from chassis for over twenty minutes. To reset the FSS you navigate the menu to the FSS display, and hold the odometer reset button for about ten seconds. A message will display asking to confirm reset. Just continue to hold the reset button. Ignition must be in position one. Not sure about the vacuum lines... By the way, please update your profile information to include your vehicle year, and model.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, 01 W203 C320

Dont think disconnecting the battery the way i want to go plus i dont think it resets the FSS. I've tried the suggested way of resetting the FSS and still no dice. I know there are sevral different posting on how to do this and all seem different from each other.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Not sure what to tell you, because that is how you reset the FSS... Was the key in position one? To be exact you hold the reset for 3 seconds on FSS page, and it displays confirmation message. You must press reset again within 5 seconds of the message displaying. You do not continue to hold reset when the message displays. That was my bad...

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
The door also has to be closed, or FSS will not reset.

These cars have a drive-by-wire throttle. I'm fairly certain there is no vacuum solenoid for the cruise control.

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
Oh yes, forgot about the door needing to be closed. I wasn't sure it that was actually true, or not though... You wouldn't think that would be a requirement, but this just goes to prove you never know... :)

·
Registered
2004 C230 Kompressor Sport Coupe
1,903 Posts
I've verified that to be true on the W210 so assume it is also true on the W203, since the FSS is supposed to work the same. The instructions are in the manual, either way.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts