Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
S63 AMG
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where the ECU is located? Also has anyone had the PowerChip installed in their E500? Thank you.

·
Registered
2005 E500S4
349 Posts
skyzoo5 said:
Does anyone know where the ECU is located? Also has anyone had the PowerChip installed in their E500? Thank you.
My opinion is based on the concept of "performance chips" in general - They are not worth the money. Don't waste your time. If your car normally runs on regular there are some minor performance gains going to premium but if you are already running on premium the tradeoffs are not worth it. If you have a turbo it is a completely different story.

·
Registered
2003 E500 Sport
144 Posts
jpuzas said:
My opinion is based on the concept of "performance chips" in general - They are not worth the money. Don't waste your time. If your car normally runs on regular there are some minor performance gains going to premium but if you are already running on premium the tradeoffs are not worth it. If you have a turbo it is a completely different story.

I agree completely. You might see a "real" gain of 4-7 HP on a N/A car. If you're running a turbo or supercharger, you can see some major gains with a chip. I would say save your money and change out the exhaust. You still won't see much power, but at least it will look and sound good! Unfortunately, unless you want to spend a LOT of money, there's not too much you can do to a N/A Benz.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Does the ECU have everything to do with transmission? And are input speed turbine sensors inside the transmission? Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts