Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Crossfire
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:newbie: Post - so please excuse any errors :thumbsup:

I believe that the ecu in the underhood box has a cooling fan. I'm guessing it is similar to the cooling fan for PC's. Anyway, mine is starting to make bad bearing sounds and they are getting louder. Dealer says the fan only comes with the box (enclosure). Has anyone changed just the little fan motor? If so, what did you use for a source.

At this point, I haven't actually pulled the thing apart to see what is involved - trying to get a lead on parts first so I won't have to take it apart twice

Car in question is a 2005 Crossfire (has the MB 3.2 18 valve, SOHC V6) which I think has the same motor etc as a 2001 or 2002 SLK 320. At least MB SLK's I've looked at under appeared identical under the hood to the Crossfire's gear. I've looked around the site, but can't find any links that discuss which parts are the same and which are different between the MB and Crossfire. Some sources I've seen say the lineage is CLK, others say SLK. If this has been discussed before I would certainly appreciate a link to that thread. I hope that the engine management system is MB, as this would at least be a source of parts and info as the local Chrysler dealer has washed his hands of the Crossfire line and really does not want to help or advise on this.

·
Registered
PROUD OWNER! 2002 slk32 AMG
1,505 Posts
register on crossfireforum.org. a fantastic source of info and a full service and parts manual available for free. you are correct the xfire is a reskinned r170 mercedes. under the body is pure mercedes

1 - 2 of 2 Posts