Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
ML55
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm most concern about the noise ... I have Pagid now and I can't put up with them anymore, once they are hot, they are noisy. I know OEM are the best for the same reason, but I want to know alternative ... I checked in search and I found out that some of you like EBC and some are not happy with them ... can some1 clear this out ?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
01 ML55 AMG
179 Posts
I run the Red Stuff ceramics and after break in they are very quiet and stopping is improved, especially on the track - no fade. Green's are good too.

·
Registered
2002 ML55
624 Posts
I run Green's as well as EBC Sport Rotors and I have the same comments as Tone. Break in period will scare the crap out of you but once the bedding is done they are dead silent.

Plus little to no dust!!

You have my recommendation.

·
Registered
99 ML430
195 Posts
Installed Rotex Golds about 3 weeks ago with new cross drilled rotors and have not even heard a peep yet. VERY pleased, and again little to no dust.

·
Registered
ML 320
29 Posts
My Brembo rotos make a clicking sound

GOAT said:
Installed Rotex Golds about 3 weeks ago with new cross drilled rotors and have not even heard a peep yet. VERY pleased, and again little to no dust.
my Brembos cross drilled/vented rotors make a clicking sound. I have tried GreenStuff and Akebono Ceramics. the clicking does not bother me. I prefer the smoother stopping with the GreenStuff. Ceramics seem to almost stick, I don't know how that is possible with ABS but that's the feeling I get with hard stops under hot and humid conditions. Ceramics however have lasted me longer. Either choice sure beats the OEM stuff that used to last me 8 months at the most.
By the way , are cross drilled/vented rotors supposed to be "turned" like standard rotors do?

·
Banned
2,629 Posts
BillNouj said:
my Brembos cross drilled/vented rotors make a clicking sound. I have tried GreenStuff and Akebono Ceramics. the clicking does not bother me. I prefer the smoother stopping with the GreenStuff. Ceramics seem to almost stick, I don't know how that is possible with ABS but that's the feeling I get with hard stops under hot and humid conditions. Ceramics however have lasted me longer. Either choice sure beats the OEM stuff that used to last me 8 months at the most.
By the way , are cross drilled/vented rotors supposed to be "turned" like standard rotors do?
Hi. Can you describe the "clicking" sound please? Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts