Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
06 E350 4matic -- 98 E38 740i
215 Posts
no, but all i know is usually you get what you pay for ... you know what i mean?

·
Registered
'07 GL320CDI
5,111 Posts
Well, SMALLER tires is the way to go for winter tires and 19s are NOT small.

Check what your owners manual says you should run for winter tires.

Mercedes never specifies staggered sizes for winter tires, either.

In addition, that wheel was never specified in 19-in size for E-class and I'd frankly doubt it's a genuine Mercedes wheel.

·
Registered
2000 Obsidian Black Metallic Mercedes SL 320 V6
4,527 Posts
Well in the auction they say:

Quality:

OEM Wheels + Premium Wheels meets or exceed every industry standard, including TUV, DOT, ISO, VIA and JWL. In addition to quality certification, each wheels we carry endures 15 rigorous inspections prior to leaving the factory. Quality control procedures include: underwater crack testing, radial fatigue tire testing, xray evaluation, impact load testing and weight bearing analysis, to name a few. Every wheel we carry is manufactured to the same high quality standards as factory original (OEM) wheels.

If what they say it's true then the rims should be of good quality but still as a general rule I wouldn't use 19" rims for Winter tires but I'd go for something smaller both for cost and driveability reasons.

Cheers.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Ye i would go for 17s aswell... i got 19s for the summer and 16s OEM stock for the winter but i live in Canada, Toronto so the winter here is rough so 16s are perfect :)

·
Registered
553 Posts
i had 19'' wheels before, amg copy wheels and rear wheel literally broke apart. It first bent and then tire exploded...i replaced the tire but could feel vibration coming from rear...then the whole wheel just broke into two pieces. I will never buy any kind of copies again...i am not saying there are no good quality aftermarket wheels there but you certainly get what u pay for.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you guys recommend good reliable brand?
I already got 19 all season tire installed on my AMG wheels. The thing is - they are bent.
I can spend some money and repair or I can buy another set of wheels.

Not sure what route to take

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Can you guys recommend good reliable brand?
I already got 19 all season tire installed on my AMG wheels. The thing is - they are bent.
I can spend some money and repair or I can buy another set of wheels.

Not sure what route to take

·
Registered
215 Posts
If your willing to spend some money these websites will help. They are top of the line in custom rims.

Asanti - Welcome to Asanti Luxury Wheels

MHT - MHT Wheels Inc.

or buy the same OEM AMG rims from the dealer..

hope that helps, i got MHT rims myself (FORGED EDITION) only for the summer time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts