Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

101 - 120 of 2366 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
the 'better to ask forgiveness, then permission' theory. How many women does that actually work on?? Just curious....
:big laugh: none... you know your wife - stay in her good graces.

however I do agree with the whole adding to safety. maybe you could sell it to her by saying something like "but honey it was cheaper than increasing my life insurance policy... you do want me to be safe out there don't you" :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I actually like the color. Good set of Mono's would look schmick !!!
Gotta envy you guys yet again. $5k is a bargain. Wouldnt get one here for that!
out of pure curiosity, what does an average 124 go for down under?

I've heard with the exchange rate, import duties, etc. that imported cars are very expensive there, like ~$200k USD for base S-Class that would be $90k here :(

I don't mind the beige too much, but beige over grey? makes Mitt Romney seem downright exciting

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
out of pure curiosity, what does an average 124 go for down under?

I've heard with the exchange rate, import duties, etc. that imported cars are very expensive there, like ~$200k USD for base S-Class that would be $90k here :(

I don't mind the beige too much, but beige over grey? makes Mitt Romney seem downright exciting
Yeah we pay through the ass.
A nice say 93 cabriolet would be anywhere between $14000 to $20000 which on exchange is probably more like $16,000 USD to $22,000 USD.

Best website to get an idea - and easy to use is Carsales has piccies and small spec sheet on the car etc etc.

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au

·
Premium Member
10,115 Posts
Well then for new cars at least, somebody down there is lining their pockets with pure gold. The logistics of getting the car imported there and then using an unusually high market to rape customers.

Hey Tight-Ass....is this something we need to consider; I arrange to get the cars down there and then your front/sell them??? We retire...five yrs tops, then just sell the blue sky, er....I mean 'business' to somebody else....:D:D

Kevin

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

·
Banned
23,569 Posts
Yeah we pay through the ass.
A nice say 93 cabriolet would be anywhere between $14000 to $20000 which on exchange is probably more like $16,000 USD to $22,000 USD.

Best website to get an idea - and easy to use is Carsales has piccies and small spec sheet on the car etc etc.

Used Cars - New Cars - Search New & Used Cars For Sale - carsales.com.au
Here you go.
1967 MERCEDES 300SE (No Badge) W112 Convertible Private Cars For Sale in VIC - carsales.com.au
Who wants a 93, when you can get a 67 for a few grand more.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
101 - 120 of 2366 Posts