Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1021 - 1040 of 2366 Posts

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
^Rust is like an iceberg; you only see the tip, and the rest is hiding to sink you.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I was considering this one, but the rust scared me too much. If it was just the roof I would be ok with it, but the a-pillar is scary. Really too bad as it is quite a pretty color combo

·
Registered
728 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hey CrazyJew89 -

There is a decent green E320 Wagon on the Baltimore craigslist for $2300. I've been wanting to check it out, but I'm sure I won't be doing any car buying until after the holidays. Looks like a good deal - at least from the pics: 1994 Mercedes E320 wagon in excellent condition with only 120,000 miles

Thanks. I'll add it to my running list, but I'm not really serious at the moment either. I picked up a W126 300SDL over the weekend and I'm a bit busy trying to wrap up all the stuff from the accident

·
Registered
466 Posts
It drives me nuts when sellers call MB-Tex leather though.
What's funny is that many, certainly me, MBZ fans would much prefer MB-Tex when it comes to an older car. I got lucky with my car in that the leather is in really good shape for its age. But with MB-Tex, it is truly an exception to see it in poor condition even at 20+ years.

·
Registered
728 Posts
What's funny is that many, certainly me, MBZ fans would much prefer MB-Tex when it comes to an older car. I got lucky with my car in that the leather is in really good shape for its age. But with MB-Tex, it is truly an exception to see it in poor condition even at 20+ years.
I don't disagree; I just object to the misinformation (many people do, even dealers). I have no experience with Tex since both of my 124's have leather.
My car's leather is also in excellent shape and I prefer the look of the leather, and the design of the seat covers in general, over the Tex versions.

·
W124 Moderator
12,583 Posts
I don't disagree; I just object to the misinformation (many people do, even dealers). I have no experience with Tex since both of my 124's have leather.
My car's leather is also in excellent shape and I prefer the look of the leather, and the design of the seat covers in general, over the Tex versions.
If misinformation drives you nuts, save yourself and don't cruise the selection of W140's for sale. An amazing number of them are promoted as having "bullet proof" glass. I've yet to see a seller be willing to sit in the car while a would be buyer takes shots at them. More often than not, the misinformation on seat material or double pane bullet proof glass comes from small time dealers or sadly knowledgeable owners.

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
On craigslist you see more W140's advertised as 'armored' or having 'bullet-proof glass' than not..

I guess vinyl and double pane glass are pretty exotic materials to the average American.

·
Premium Member
1,889 Posts
Here's a coupe that popped up on craigslist in the Seattle area today. The ad is very short on details (as in: none at all). Price seems a bit steep.

1994 Mercedes E320 Coupe
For that price and mileage, I'd want to see receipts for a new Evap, tranny rebuild and Head Gasket etc, then knock off another 1000 for the color...

More I think about it, the color is a deal breaker...Sorry white car guys...

For some reason, I like white on a 211, and newer S class, but a 124 just doesn't look right... (yea the Florida guys won't agree)

I do Craig's list a lot, and cars that are white, red, green, or beige don't even get opened up to see the details... Although I have been warming up to Smoke Silver lately, which many sellers call beige. But since there are so many of those other colors, I'm probably in the minority, wish there were more medium to dark blues out there...

·
Premium Member
1,363 Posts
Pride Of Ownership

Here's a coupe that popped up on craigslist in the Seattle area today. The ad is very short on details (as in: none at all). Price seems a bit steep.

1994 Mercedes E320 Coupe

Those dirty front wheels! AACCKKKK!

Who buys a dirty vehicle? I can $4k for a nice piece, I really can, but don't insult buyers with filth. :nono:

·
Registered
221 Posts
For that price and mileage, I'd want to see receipts for a new Evap, tranny rebuild and Head Gasket etc, then knock off another 1000 for the color...

For some reason, I like white on a 211, and newer S class, but a 124 just doesn't look right... (yea the Florida guys won't agree)

I do Craig's list a lot, and cars that are white, red, green, or beige don't even get opened up to see the details... Although I have been warming up to Smoke Silver lately, which many sellers call beige. But since there are so many of those other colors, I'm probably in the minority, wish there were more medium to dark blues out there...
I think the white looks best on sedans and cabs

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

·
Registered
1,951 Posts
I am the same way, any coupe or sedan in white over grey gets an immediate pass.

The only white/grey Mercedes I ever cared for was magicbigdaddy's super clean W126 300SE with a truly mint leather interior.

white wagons look pretty sharp, too.
That IS a sharp wagon

..the chrome fender trim though :twak:

1021 - 1040 of 2366 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
204 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing