Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

241 - 260 of 2366 Posts

·
Registered
16,691 Posts
Damn non-Americans using that damn foreign measurement system. :eek
That "foreign" system is only what the rest of the world uses. The US is still stuck in retardo world when it comes to this, and they wonder why they can't sell their shit outside their own borders, except for movies and airplanes. :wink

BTW, that Canadian E320 has orthopedic AND heated seats. Uber rare combo.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Iv seen this car go from $1300 to it's current price and yep seems like a good deal. Tell ya what.. I buy it and you fix it for me.. Car has been saved.. Deal???? :)

I wish my shade tree skills where a little more suitable to this project, I would probably be all over it

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
The owner (a member here) and I have been in talks about this very scenario, but he needs the thing gone yesterday, and I'm currently swamped with other projects and have very little extra space. I pulled the engine from a hit n' runned wagon a couple years ago. It started right up, as in right now. It's killin' me that it just sits on CL. I haven't seen the vehicle itself, but even as a parts car, it's worth twice as much as the current asking price

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
The owner (a member here) and I have been in talks about this very scenario, but he needs the thing gone yesterday, and I'm currently swamped with other projects and have very little extra space. I pulled the engine from a hit n' runned wagon a couple years ago. It started right up, as in right now. It's killin' me that it just sits on CL. I haven't seen the vehicle itself, but even as a parts car, it's worth twice as much as the current asking price
How many miles on the engine?

How much to install it in the body?

·
Cruise Control
52,233 Posts
Funny you should ask...coincidentally I have the instrument cluster sitting behind me. 279k. Like I said, even after sitting for months, I glowed it, and the thing fired right up and settled into a very smooth idle. Smoked a bit, but I'm confident that an Italian Tune Up and fuel system service would resolve that in short order. To be clear, I have no connection to this, other than the fact that I sold the engine to the current owner.

Assuming he still has the stuff, I sold the engine with the harness, ECU and everything needed to theoretically swap the engine into a gas 124

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
If that car was in Texas, I would be all over it.

·
Registered
8,115 Posts
Convert SLS to conventional suspension? long time ago went to look at a TE wagon with my son and as the guy drove up the rear end was bouncing up and down really bad and almost dragging the ground,figured rear suspension had some kind of issue SLS?,still don't know enough about that system.
Cost of some of the sls parts new are so expensive. looks like basic air shocks.
w124 SLS Conversion

Attachments

241 - 260 of 2366 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
204 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing