Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2381 - 2384 of 2384 Posts

·
Premium Member
SL's & 500E's
1,978 Posts
That's what I said to myself after I saw the ad. A quick search at RM European did show some parts for SLS for that model.
All E500E's, no matter where they were sold, have SLS. So it's not too much a stretch to believe they could have had that as an option on Cab's. They started building 500E's in 91, the power steering pump is different, as it's used to run the SLS as well as the steering. Another bunch of components to wear and or age. These parts are still available for the E500E's, but for how long who knows, so many key parts for 124's are going NLA.

Tried my EPC account yesterday and it had expired, renewed and then plugged in that vin this morning, sure enough this Cab has build code 480 - SLS, and EPC shows all the parts associated. Trivia, never knew any other 124 had SLS as an option.

Attachments

·
Registered
1995 E320
2,544 Posts
All E500E's, no matter where they were sold, have SLS. So it's not too much a stretch to believe they could have had that as an option on Cab's. They started building 500E's in 91, the power steering pump is different, as it's used to run the SLS as well as the steering. Another bunch of components to wear and or age. These parts are still available for the E500E's, but for how long who knows, so many key parts for 124's are going NLA.

Tried my EPC account yesterday and it had expired, renewed and then plugged in that vin this morning, sure enough this Cab has build code 480 - SLS, and EPC shows all the parts associated. Trivia, never knew any other 124 had SLS as an option.
In the rest of the world it was a stand alone option. I've seen otherwise bare bones W124s with hydraulic suspension.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Team Benz World,

I have listed my 1995 e320 on Ebay. Really BEAUTIFUL car if any members are interested. See Item number

2381 - 2384 of 2384 Posts