Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

221 - 240 of 2366 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Sadly, I'll probably see this at Pick and Pull within a few months...

1991 Mercedes 300TE 4Matic Wagon in need of transmission work
Not if he was more realistic on his price. The car is a $500 parts car with a failing transmission. Few people these days want a 4Matic with problems.......and I can guarantee you the 4Matic system has problems unless somebody coaxed it back to 100% More than likely, he killed the tranny with that Lucas crap he says "stabilized" the transmission. It's not a Buick tranny.....sweet looking TE though.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Not if he was more realistic on his price. The car is a $500 parts car with a failing transmission. Few people these days want a 4Matic with problems.......and I can guarantee you the 4Matic system has problems unless somebody coaxed it back to 100%

Kevin
$2,000 for "mail order" transmission.

$1,000 labor to put it in.

$500 for the car "as is".

= $3,500 otherwise "un-sorted" wagon.

I am with you. He probably just over paid.

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
$2,000 for "mail order" transmission.

$1,000 labor to put it in.

$500 for the car "as is".

= $3,500 otherwise "un-sorted" wagon.

I am with you. He probably just over paid.
Of course he did, that's why he's being so ballsy with his asking price. You compound his original mistake by giving him anything over $500.

If it was a '92-'93, I might make a call....interesting color combo....I'm sure tired of the Arctic White on blue tex.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Of course he did, that's why he's being so ballsy with his asking price. You compound his original mistake by giving him anything over $500.

If it was a '92-'93, I might make a call....interesting color combo....I'm sure tired of the Arctic White on blue tex.

Kevin
Why '92-'93?

Body cladding? +
engine wire harness -

·
Premium Member
10,050 Posts
Why '92-'93?

Body cladding? +
engine wire harness -
Because the 4Matic system was slightly updated and I can just switch components back and forth perfectly from my car. Wiring harness isn't an issue in the 4Matics because they remained m103 engines until their demise in '93. Be really bitchin' to have a '93 in a color I like, all sorted out.:wink

If you read what the guy has done to the car, it's basically zero...probably fuming about the tranny he killed and the cost of fixing the 4Matic system...he was just taken, that's all. Should have done his research...like come in here.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Because the 4Matic system was slightly updated and I can just switch components back and forth perfectly from my car. Wiring harness isn't an issue in the 4Matics because they remained m103 engines until their demise in '93. Be really bitchin' to have a '93 in a color I like, all sorted out.:wink

Kevin
So the wire harness "issue" on the W124 only was a factor on the M104 and not the M103?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
adding pics of your "meth" looking GF isnt going to get it sold quicker !
what is the deal with all this fake stuff
did you guys see this one on CL
1994 Mercedes Benz E320

·
Registered
8,089 Posts
her being there is useless
That car would be nice if all the fake AMG decals and fake engine cover were stripped off.
put some non chrome wheels on it and take out the excessive audio !

·
Premium Member
2,810 Posts
Damn non-Americans using that damn foreign measurement system. :eek
Vancouver BC is a six hour drive from me. Lots of bargains up there to be had.

Some gooberment paperwork to be completed to "import" to US, and that is what my spouse does for a living, but she refuses to help me do it.

221 - 240 of 2366 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
204 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing