741 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Seller just called me back. He still has it, it's been sitting (inside his shop) for 15 years! (yikes)

Supposed to have come from a reputable dismantler...I may go take a look at least.

Any idea how hard it would be to fit this into some other M104 powered car without having the wiring harness, intake manifold, or ECU?

·
Registered
60 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
HFM M104s should have no problem. Use your own wiring harness, but it'll require your old valve cover.

ECU, use your old ECU should be fine, but to get any more HP, needs a tweak from Speedtuning in MD.

Use your old intake manifold as well.

Pre-HFM cars? I wouldn't do it. Way too much trouble.

·
Registered
60 Posts
HFM M104s should have no problem. Use your own wiring harness, but it'll require your old valve cover.

ECU, use your old ECU should be fine, but to get any more HP, needs a tweak from Speedtuning in MD.

Use your old intake manifold as well.

Pre-HFM cars? I wouldn't do it. Way too much trouble.
Good info. Was it 1993 that the M104's got the HFM computers? Does the engine stamped numbers (like in your photos) give an indication of the year the engine was built?

2341 - 2360 of 2366 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
204 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing