Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2366 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
FS on eBay: 1988 300E with only 106K miles, DC/Baltimore area

My wife decided the kids should have her Volvo, so the 300E is up on eBay - auction ends Oct 28.
Click on the list for the detailed description and lots of pictures.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/253942851720

This is actually a re-listing - prior auction ended at $2600 (not bad), but the high bidder was an eBay novice in Norway of all places. He didn't have a realistic idea of shipping costs and ended up reneging on his bid.
I'm near Frederick MD (DC/Balto area). Fly in to any of the local airports (BWI, IAD, DCA, HGR) and I'll pick you up and you can drive it home.

Attachments

·
W124 Moderator
12,585 Posts
I think the seller should have taken that money. Maybe he was hoping for something closer to the insane money spent on the one owner 88 turbo TE sold on bat about a year ago..

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
10,095 Posts
RNM....I guess there are those that don't want to do any work and pay an insane amount...more than premium. Sounds like a millennial seller who thinks he's got a bull by the tail.

Pretty ordinary Japanese version with the M103 unless you're gaga for that red paint.

Kevin

·
Premium Member
5,787 Posts
Yeah, I don't get it either why it didn't sell. I would've imagined BaT putting the reserve in the 10K range, or so.

·
Premium Member
1,830 Posts
I agree, it is a very nice w124 estate but not as refined as a NAM 94-95 estate with HFM and M104. IMHO those are the best wagons I have owned/driven. My DD is 87 300 TD wagon and I drive it hard and it is happy as can be, and giving me 30mpg. We will be seeing many nice examples coming from Japan in the near future. I am not convinced that every classic MB from Japan is a great buy. Being near Vancouver, BC I see many low mileage MB's from Japan and thru my experience about 25% of the cars are questionable as in: abnormal wear on interior, sunburnt paint and interiors, along with questionable odometer readings. W124's of all varieties are 20-30 year old cars, to me it all comes down to "current condition". In the last couple yrs I have seen 2 estate wagons with approx. 65k original miles and both were basket cases, the only part of those cars that were 65k miles were the odometers. Most important items in todays market are - PPI's, condition, service history (nice to have but not a show stopper for a nice example) and the car shows some love and respect. Those are the good ones! Mike

2321 - 2340 of 2366 Posts
About this Discussion
2.4K Replies
204 Participants
Jayare
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing