Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
'81 300GD Cabrio, '78 450 SEL 6.9 Rocketship, Rover HSE
704 Posts
It looks like a nice truck and SHOULD easily bring $25k. But who knows? With the used G market being in the crapper, it might be a steal. If I read the add right, it looks like they had a "buy it now" for $8100. Which is silly as hell and got me thinking it might be a scam. If I were the successful bidder, I believe I'd definitely conduct this transaction face to face. Since you were nice enough to post it in the forumn, maybe you could request a commission on anything it brings over $8100. Good luck.

·
Registered
2012 G550
126 Posts
The seller has no feedback so the SCAM issue should not be taken lightly in my opinion. Face to face for sure but isn't that the best policy when dealing with Ebay and cars.

·
Registered
'81 300GD Cabrio, '78 450 SEL 6.9 Rocketship, Rover HSE
704 Posts
CHRIS F said:
The seller has no feedback so the SCAM issue should not be taken lightly in my opinion. Face to face for sure but isn't that the best policy when dealing with Ebay and cars.

Yeah it can get a little sticky. I brought my G in from Central America. It was an Ebay purchase. I ended up hiring an attorney there through the U.S. Consulate to handle the transaction. He had to basically bribe two local magistrates to get the truck released the day it was supposed to ship. Counting lawyers and bribes I was into it for a whole extra $300. You can really stretch a buck south of the border. I have to admit that when the truck arrived I was a little disappointed. It wasn't quite as clean as advertised nor as the pictures showed. This makes the third ebay car purchase for me and I'll have to say I always receive the car, but it's generally in worse shape than advertised. Probably because I'm buying old Merc Benz. We all know what B.S.ers mercedes owners are.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Scam. The seller has cancelled over 20 different bidders on this G. I emailed him and told him I was local. I have not received a response yet.

·
Registered
2012 G550
126 Posts
And there have been a few good bids that have been cancelled too. I wonder if anyone is going to win it?

I am guessing that you have to email him first in order to place a bid. I briefly read the add but did not see this anywhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts