Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Mine has no speed limiter. I had it up to 282km/h (that's about 175 mph) when it toughed the redline in 5th. Solid and trust worthy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
top speed

I hit my speed limiter once (hit 159, then back to 158) with tires at 33/33. Car was solid at that speed. Wasn't too sure what would happen around a curve at 150 but that was fine also. Recently went to 41/48, but haven't had the car over 120's with the new pressures. I don't notice much difference. Would love to get rid of the limiter. Still had a lot left at 159 :))))

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: How did you remove the speed limiter?

I bought this car used about two months ago with all the E55 AMG signs and goodies. The dealer had it imported from a neighboring country. I new later that the 1st owner was a member of the royal family. The car was as clean inside out as a new one. It seemed that the top speed limiter was removed from the factory. After contacting AMG, I realized that it is a 97 E50 AMG (limited and unique)and not an E55 AMG.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: top speed

My brother have a E55 European With 379 hp stock , and he put it at 283 Km and he take curve a 270 KM.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts