Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
'08 S65; '08 GL320CDI
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Under an earlier post we were discussing the poor performance of the early build A/C systems and the possible update if you push your dealer.

Well...Woo-Hoo!!! Took the car in 2 days ago for the "A" service and told them to check the A/C b/c it was inadequate. The service guy mentioned that the early systems needed an upgrade and I agreed that I had heard that. I told him I had a Nov. build date. I just got a call this morning when I got to the office and was told the car was all ready and that they had upgraded the evaporator. I figured they'd tell me it was fine and that it was working as designed and then I'd have a big fight on my hands.

Talk about customer service!!! Couldn't believe it. I'll report back on how great it is after I go get it.
BTW, its still in the mid-90's around here.

Randy

·
Registered
SLK 320
33 Posts
We had more than the evaporator replaced on our S430...

We ended up getting a new compressor, evaporator, fan motor, temp sensor, even a new control module (no more EC now it says AC off). They had to take the entire dash apart - took several days; its a really big job. Perhaps they have found that for most people replacing the evaporator is sufficient. Check it out and see .. I would think in Dallas that you get 100 degree days and that the AC is still not sufficient. Our car is black with java; but what we really want is the infra-reflective glass !!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
'08 S65; '08 GL320CDI
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea they replaced a whole laundry list of stuff. Just glanced at it - looked to be about ...

Yea they replaced a whole laundry list of stuff. Just glanced at it - looked to be about 15-20 items. I have the paperwork at home. I have the new button which says "ACoff". I think it used to say "Econ"? Anyway, the system is much better and best of all they didn't damage anything while doing the work (at least nothing visible)! I know what you mean about the glass. When I picked up the car yesterday it was 95 degrees and sunny. Big difference between driving into the sun vs. having it at your back!

I was told the tranny fluid never needs replacing. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'd be suspect of any dealer that says your tranny oil never needs to be replaced. On m...

I'd be suspect of any dealer that says your tranny oil never needs to be replaced. On my Honda, I flush the tranny oil every 30k. I do the same with my 4Runner.

Stop and go traffic is hell on our cars. It certainly wouldn't hurt to change your tranny oil every once in awhile. Otherwise, it'll shorten the life of your transmission. AND we all know how much Benz tranny's are don't we?

Dizzy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts