Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced the front sway bar bushings on your E63? I went underneath the car to look at it but could not figure it out how to remove the bushings. I've been searching but did not find any video/instruction for the E63. Thank you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I too was intending on replacing the front Swaybar Bushings when, within a week of acquiring my 07' E63 I went ahead and rebuilt both Heads, Intake Manifold, replaced the PS Pump and HP Hose and entire front suspension with rebuilt AirStruts from RMT. Over the months of doing this work, I too thought replacing the FSB Bushings would be a no brainer, but alas, it was NOT to be as to do so requires dropping the whole front Subframe! I had both Steering Knuckles off the car when I installed the Ball Joints, so my access was as good as can be but without an engine hoist I couldn't accomplish the task in my garage as I believe the engine mounts would have had to be disconnected as well as the Steering rack to allow for the dropping of the subframe.

·
Registered
2007 E63 AMG
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I too was intending on replacing the front Swaybar Bushings when, within a week of acquiring my 07' E63 I went ahead and rebuilt both Heads, Intake Manifold, replaced the PS Pump and HP Hose and entire front suspension with rebuilt AirStruts from RMT. Over the months of doing this work, I too thought replacing the FSB Bushings would be a no brainer, but alas, it was NOT to be as to do so requires dropping the whole front Subframe! I had both Steering Knuckles off the car when I installed the Ball Joints, so my access was as good as can be but without an engine hoist I couldn't accomplish the task in my garage as I believe the engine mounts would have had to be disconnected as well as the Steering rack to allow for the dropping of the subframe.
Thank you. You have confirmed what I've seen. The bushings and brackets sit right on the subframe and I can't do anything without dropping the subframe first. No wonder the mb indy shop has quoted me $400 labor for this job.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts