Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
07 E63 + 07 CLK63 Cab
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Have had the German Devil since last August, nice cold air, car originally from Alabama now residing in Canada. Well car drove home fine 1200 miles average 70mph, drove here for about 6 weeks then left back to Alabama. When I got home ( car had been parked) AC would only blow warm or hot air depending on outside temp. Freon was removed and refilled to verify no leaks, held -29.9 vacuum during test. Refilled still same, main fan does not start up and compressor hex bolt cannot be turned, although the serpentine belt still turns the compressor pulley with no isse. Question, with the 7mm hex nut not movable does this mean the compressor is pooched even while sitting in the garage?. I was under the impression that if the compressor seizes then the serpentine would break or fall of since on the AMG models the compressor apparently runs all the tim? is this correct. Sorry guys for all the words. Also if the pressure switch plug is removed then the main fan will wind up as if the ac is operational.
Any comments will be greatly appreciated.
:bowdown:
Does anyone have a comment????? should I order a new compressor?

·
Registered
07 E63 + 07 CLK63 Cab
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Thanks for everyones" silence

07 E63 AMG Benz AC compressor and dryer change in my driveway 4 hours. If your going to own one, might as well know how to repair it. Think of another way someone built it so it is repairable. Sweet Cold Air!!! LOL I believe I saved a boat load of cash EH! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2004 E55 AMG
41 Posts
07 E63 AMG Benz AC compressor and dryer change in my driveway 4 hours. If your going to own one, might as well know how to repair it. Think of another way someone built it so it is repairable. Sweet Cold Air!!! LOL I believe I saved a boat load of cash EH! :thumbsup:
glad to hear its fixed. i would hate to think what the stealership would charge to change these.

·
Registered
07 E63 + 07 CLK63 Cab
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
glad to hear its fixed. i would hate to think what the stealership would charge to change these.
Thanks, not sure how much I saved but it cost me approx 550 for new denso compressor with new dryer, drain vac and fill with freon, good MB indy guy reset fault code and then nice cold air. :) Great car I love it more than the wifes CLK 63 Cab. amg 63 series engines are just plain sweet. :thumbsup:
How do you like the 55, any real issues with pulley, idler or tensioner pulley??

1 - 4 of 4 Posts