Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The E55 has a published zero-to-60 mph acceleration time of<br>5.4 seconds. I think this a bit conservative. Has anyone<br>gotten better times than this ?<p>Thanks<p>J.P.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I borrowed a friends G-tech. I got an average of 5.2 secs after 9 tries.

: The E55 has a published zero-to-60 mph acceleration time of<br>5.4 seconds. I think this a bit conservative. Has anyone<br>gotten better times than this ?<p>Thanks<p>J.P.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: I borrowed a friends G-tech. I got an average of 5.2 secs after 9 tries.

: : The E55 has a published zero-to-60 mph acceleration time of<br>5.4 seconds. I think this a bit conservative. Has anyone<br>gotten better times than this ?<p>Thanks<p>J.P.<p><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's like comparing apples to oranges....more

I guess your referring to a modified 540. A better comparison would be your DINAN 540 to Renntechs EV12, the ultimate sedan with 620 hp, 0-60 mph times of 3.9 secs, 0-100 mph times of 8.6 secs, 0-150 mph times of 19.9, a quarter mile time of [email protected] and a top speed of 202 mph. <p>Now how fast is your DINAN ? Next time, post something that makes sense like E55 vs. M5. <p>Benny

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah, and I can build an AMC Pacer that will blow away a Corvette...

Anybody can take a car, throw money at it, and end up with a machine that will beat any factory car on the road. What does that prove?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Re: thats so damn SLOW!

: My DIDAN 5 gets 4.9 sec 0-60!! thats MBZ for you..shit cars! BMW all the way!! <p>Any Renntech Mercedes will blow the doors of your damn M5.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: thats so damn SLOW!

: My DIDAN 5 gets 4.9 sec 0-60!! thats MBZ for you..shit cars! BMW all the way!! <p>well ive got news for u <br>my SL7.3 gets to 60 miles in 3 seconds flat<br>so u and all your BMWs can eat shit!<br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
: The E55 has a published zero-to-60 mph acceleration time of<br>5.4 seconds. I think this a bit conservative. Has anyone<br>gotten better times than this ?<p>Thanks<p>J.P.<p>That is correct 5.4<br>but u think the E55 is fast?<br>try a Brabus SL7.3 at 330 km/h<br>thats fast, and it was also<br>over $300 000.00 usd!!!!<br>0-60 in 3 seconds flat

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I own a 1998 Silver E55 in Saudi Arabia.<br>0-100Km/h:4.7sec<br>Top Speed: 282Km/h.<br>My brother has the M5 and the S8 and I still beat both cars. The 3rd gear of the M5 is better than the E55, but once its in the 4th gear, the E55 dominates. The S8 is always behind.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi Tarek,<br> <br> Is the E55 limited to 282 km/h by red line in 5th gear? I'm asking because I have a 97 E50 AMG that goes beyond 280 km/h then it cuts off when it hits the red line in 5th.<br> <br> Also, does it come stock without a speed limiter? or you had to reprogram the computer to remove it?<br> <br> Regards, Talla. (Kuwait)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts