Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there, I am considering a 2008 E550 AMG Sport with 73K on it priced at $24K. Does anyone have any opions on this model. I am particularly interested in cost of 100K maintenance which will be here sooner than later. :)

Thank you for your thoughts.

Regards,
Tim

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
All depends on service history. If the maintenance is up to date then you'll be due for air filters, transmission flush and filter change, brake fluid change(once every 2 years), spark plugs at 91k miles, rear diff fluid change(should be every 50K), P.S fluid change. Check the brakes for rotor wear.
If you don't have the service history of the car then you may want to pass.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Roadking999 for your comments. Sounds like I need to tack on another $5k to the price of the car for all that maintenance. Definately will check for maintenance history and rotors.

Other concern is the model is not the AWD 4Matic version so I am concerned about how the car will handle in snow. Although Mercedes does do a good job at weight distribution, this may not be total cause for concern with the right tires.

Thank you again for any additional comments you may have.

Sincerely,

Tim

·
Registered
E350 4M 06
2,744 Posts
If you're in snow country, I strongly recommend 4matics, they're amazing, RWD with snow tires are reportedly good but no where near the 4 matics. Also the MB 4matic system is very robust and trouble free, your mileage will suffer a bit but its worth it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah, I'm in MA. May need to pass on the car. Unfortunate because the car is in really good condition and extremely clean. With a car that is only expected 13 city 19 hwy, hard to believe you could sell it with 4-Matic (if losing mileage). However, I guess if your in the market for this car, your not counting mileage. :)

Thanks again for your comments. The search continues.

Tim

1 - 5 of 5 Posts