Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got tired of cleaning dead bugs of my beast. Bought a bra from Performance Products. I am very pleased with the fit.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks great ...

<br> Looks like it covers all the vulnerable areas.<br> <br> How much?<br> <br> Isn't it recommended that you remove the Bra prior to washing it? Don't they also recommend that you remove it after it rains to let it dry?<br> <br> I'm getting too lazy these days Rich ... I used to wash/wax my cars at least once a week ... now I have someone come to my office and clean/detail my Beast while I'm working so I don't have to when I get home!<br> <br> I also think the Bra looks great on your black-beauty ... not sure if it would look as nice on my Silver though.<br> <br> BTW: did you catch the TLC special on 'speed-traps'? If not, look for it in the future. It covered radar and laser guns & detectors, speed traps, photo-tickets etc.<br> <br> Drew.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've purchased Colgan products for my previous cars but got lazy about using them after a few times. The surface must be very clean before installing the bra or the underside will rub the dirt into the clearcoat producing fine scratches. Also, make sure no water (rain, condensation, etc) gets trapped between the bra and paint. The moisture will boil and potentially damage the paint.<br> <br> The bra doesn't look half bad on a black car but as Drew indicated, I'm not so sure how it would look on our silver cars. <br> <br> These cars seem to attract a lot of stones and I had more chips on the front of my E55 after 800 miles than my wife had in 6000 miles on her silver ML430. I finally put a mix of X-Pel and Armorfend on the front end, mirrors and wheel arches. SD

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Re: Re: E55 w/Colgan Bra

I looks good but be careful and aware that it may scratch the paint. The scratches usually come from high speed driving where wind does affect the bra. This is coming from personal experience (had one on my M5)and I only put the bra on when I was going out of town where the car gets bugs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Can you kindly supply me with details of a website that will show me pictures of the soon to be release e-class?<br> Thank You.<br> Abdullah Mia <br> South Africa

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another more aesthetic option is the clear bra which looks better but is not removable on a day to day basis and costs a bit more...I have X-pel's product on mine (3M makes the film...)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Re: nice fit, but reconsider... the E55 looks better without it IMO

For the money that is paid for one of these cars it is unacceptable to have a buckshots worth of rock chips. I live in CA and a bra for highway driving is a must. If I stay around town, weekends, then I take it off. I'd rather save the money than have to repaint bumper every 6-12 months.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That looks horrible!

First of all..It deosnt fit right, and it completly takes away all the elegence on the front of the E-class. Expecially the part where the Mercedes emblem is.<p>S0022924001

1 - 14 of 14 Posts