Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a 2001 e55 on order but just saw the clk55 amgs. They look hot. Besides having 2 less doors, does anyone know of the differences between the two? Can't find any good reviews. Any advice?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I have driven the E55 but not the CLK55. As you already know, the E55 is awesome. What I have gathered about the CLK55 is that it is a rocket that feels barely restrained die the combination of lower weight and massive torque. Performance wise it will be quicker than the E55 but .3 second 0-60 is not enough for me to give up 2 doors. Also, the CLK is not made as well as the E-class no matter what people tell you. I have examined the cars in detail and there are a multitude of details that the CLk leaves out for its lower price. Now granted, I am royal pain in the ass about details so take that any way you want.<p>Either way, you won't be dissappointed.<p><br>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Jonas,<p>Our first CLK55 arrived today and I had a chance to drive it. The car is blindingly fast. It looks exactly like a CLK430 except for the AMG Monoblock<br>2 wheel instead of the Monoblock 1. <p>I personally have worked for House of Imports for eight years and am a diehard Mercedes fan. I have an E55 on order that will be here next month and I think I made the right choice. A sedan should be a little more suttle than a coupe. My feeling is that the CLK55 should have had some different panels than the standard CLK430. Flared fenders are a good example of what I mean.<p>Now, you have consider what your life style is like also. Do you have a family? Do you take friends with you when you go out? How long are you going to keep the car? Will your life stlye change in that amount of time. Once you answer those questions you will know which car is better for you.<p>The great news here is that you can't lose or make a bad choice. You are in a position that anyone would love to be in so don't lose too much sleep over this decision.<p>Call me if I can help.<p>Thanks,<p>James Sullivan<br>House of Imports<br>714-562-1194<p><p><p>: I've got a 2001 e55 on order but just saw the clk55 amgs. They look hot. Besides having 2 less doors, does anyone know of the differences between the two? Can't find any good reviews. Any advice?<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
: I've got a 2001 e55 on order but just saw the clk55 amgs. They look hot. Besides having 2 less doors, does anyone know of the differences between the two? Can't find any good reviews. Any advice<br>go to www.mbusa.com and compare the clk and the e55 together,it will give you interior comparisons,performance comparisons and a whole bunch more stuff!<br>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts