Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '99 E55 with 12k miles on it. Over the last two years I've had the transmission slip on me on a few occassions (4-6). Usually, I am cruising along at 20-30 MPH (2 or 3 gear) and then I slam on the throttle. As usual, the car immediately roars forward and goes through the gears. At about the fourth and fifth gear shift it just slips. Gas pedal is pressed, throttle opens, car roars, RMP goes up but no go. Traction control is on. What I have to do then is let the car coast and the engine whines down for a bit (2-4 seconds). Sometimes I have to shift it in to neutral and let the car wind down, then reengage when the everything seems to have synchronized. After that the transmission catches and I'm back on again. <p>This is puzzling because the E55 has gotten great reviews for its solid and reliable transmission. Anyone have this problem? I am going to bring it back in for a check up and see what the dealers have to say about it.<br>

·
Registered
MB
18 Posts
I too am having a problem with my 99 e55. I have 55k on it.
I had an issue on a long driv...

I too am having a problem with my 99 e55. I have 55k on it.
I had an issue on a long drive. After about 10 hrs on the road, I went to pass traveling at about 60mph. The car shifted and then lost gear COMPLETELY! I had to coast to the side of the road and then put car in park and back to drive and all was good.
Also when manually shifting from 1-2 with traction off the car the car is not crisp on the shift there is a couple of second delay. Any ideas on how to tweak and fix??

·
Registered
MB
18 Posts
Found the other slippage posts and answered my questions. I guess it's time for a new cl...

Found the other slippage posts and answered my questions. I guess it's time for a new clutch pack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts